Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: AF EFMP

1. I got all this, and personality too.
    I got all this, and personality too.

AF EFMP

Advertisements
    So, I can't appeal my denial from Lakenheath, so my husband is going to get new orders. He has to meet with a civilian on base tomorrow, and since I was enrolled in the Exceptional Family Member Program, we can only go to bases that support this program.

Does anyone know anymore about this? Which bases have this program (it would be for mental health)?

I feel even more confused about everything now.
    omnomnommynom
  2. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    It comes down to that YOU (not him) will only be allowed at bases that have the medical abilities to provide care for you. Do you know what catagory they placed you in?
  3. I got all this, and personality too.
    I have no idea. I didn't even know I was in the program until last week when we got denied Lakenheath.

Like I said in some other threads-I've never seen a psychiatrist, never been diagnosed with anything. (I saw a marriage counselor once for 45 minutes, thats the closest thing) I got put on anti-depressants by a civilian doctor in Tennessee before my DH enlisted because I was "homesick" . That prescription is still on my medical record, so I guess I got put into the program automatically when I came to Sheppard and started doing the overseas medical clearance process.
    omnomnommynom
  4. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

We are on EFMP orders to Hill AFB in Utah we are here for Cleft for DS, but I think they have mental health here too.

5. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    It comes down to that YOU (not him) will only be allowed at bases that have the medical abilities to provide care for you. Do you know what catagory they placed you in?

I am a Cat 5 and have to be by a major medical facility that can handel my issues. They can and have sent my husband someplace else even if I could not go.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I dont know about the AF. But I know with the navy, I and my son's dr's had to fill out a crap load of paperwork to be enrolled. You may not be "in" the program, but they may have denied you based on history and England's weather isnt the greatest thing for someone that has a past of depression.
  7. I got all this, and personality too.
    Quote Originally Posted by sandykay View Post
    We are on EFMP orders to Hill AFB in Utah we are here for Cleft for DS, but I think they have mental health here too.

I would love to go to Hill AFB. I want either Hill or Cannon in New Mexico.

I just want to be out of Texas, really.
    omnomnommynom
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Reading your post really freaked me out...I had no idea the hoops family members had to jump through to live overseas even at a place like Lakenheath. Somewhere more remote I could see, but wow.

My DF has always wanted to live overseas and I've been to many different countries and lived in England for a while...but if they denied you for an old prescription I guess I've got no chance right off the bat. That really, really, really sucks.

Is there a place AF families could go to get information on what would disqualify us from accompanying on an OCONUS assignment? I don't think DF realizes the liability my medical history could be for him
  9. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    I would love to go to Hill AFB. I want either Hill or Cannon in New Mexico.

I just want to be out of Texas, really.
    Come to Hill, I'm lonely out here

10. I got all this, and personality too.
    Quote Originally Posted by sandykay View Post
    Come to Hill, I'm lonely out here

My step brother and his wife are at Hill. They are having a baby tomorrow O_O

I think we got Cannon. I just checked his vMPF and its been changed from Lakenheath to Cannon. So I don't know if that's official or if he still has to meet with the guy tomorrow or what.
    omnomnommynom