Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone tell me this is a JOKE!

1. Banned
    Banned

Help Someone tell me this is a JOKE!

Advertisements
    Ok, Dh has been getting info about our PCS move to Ft Lewis, WA. So the army is going to move our crap, good right? The plan was he was going to fly down, help me get the kids on a flight back to Ft Lewis be/c I get so sick, and then bam we're done. Well, he got told by his SGT that they will not move my car. The only way to get it there is driving it. NO PROBLEM! I can drive across country, not an issue. Except that his SGT said that we can only drive 350 miles a day! A DAY!!! It is going to take us 8 days to get there with two freaking kids! I can drive over 800 a day and not bat an eyelash!! TELL ME THEY ARE KIDDING!!! PLEASE!!
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    um we drove 8 hours a day, and the airforce still paid us. from Idaho to North Carolina.

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    WOW...would they be paying for gas? that is ridiculous...who are they to say how far you can DRIVE in one day?
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinMama View Post
    um we drove 8 hours a day, and the airforce still paid us. from Idaho to North Carolina.
    God I am hoping you are right! it is army, but still! I drove 15 hours from Alabama to Chicago when I was 16! I dont' see the big deal.
  5. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

When we PCS'd, we were told we only had 4 days to do so. We took 2 days from Okinawa to VA and then 3 days driving from VA to UT so they didn't pay for the last day. I would go and check it out with TMO and see what they say.

6. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillian_Angela View Post
    WOW...would they be paying for gas? that is ridiculous...who are they to say how far you can DRIVE in one day?
    It's a safety issue. There are some ways around it but not many if you want to be reimbursed.

You can pay to have your car shipped. Have you looked into how much it will cost?
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillian_Angela View Post
    They are giving us per diem for all of us. That is just what his SGT told him. Personally I am hoping she is full of crap. If not, then I am going to visiting some of you SOS'ers along the way to get away from the kids!
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I would contact finance, or whomever deals with the reimbursements, and ask them what the stipulations and such are.

9. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassaundra View Post
    They are giving us per diem for all of us. That is just what his SGT told him. Personally I am hoping she is full of crap. If not, then I am going to visiting some of you SOS'ers along the way to get away from the kids!
    I'm at the end of your road (Ft Lewis) but you can stop here! I have 2 extra rooms.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sandykay View Post
    When we PCS'd, we were told we only had 4 days to do so. We took 2 days from Okinawa to VA and then 3 days driving from VA to UT so they didn't pay for the last day. I would go and check it out with TMO and see what they say.
    See, that is what i was thinking too. The way I mapped it it would take 3 days, driving 10 hours a day. what is TMO?
    Quote Originally Posted by PeppermintRei View Post
    It's a safety issue. There are some ways around it but not many if you want to be reimbursed.

You can pay to have your car shipped. Have you looked into how much it will cost?
    We just can't. We don't even begin to have the money for that. I can see the safety thing but 350 miles? Come on, I can drive 350 miles in 3 or 4 hours. That is just redunkulous.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast