Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Stressed over overseas medical screening

1. Senior Member

Stressed over overseas medical screening

Advertisements
    Ack, I'm beyond stressed about the medical screening. Like I am literally losing sleep over it. I had a bunch of orthopedic surgeries, most recent one 2 1/2 years ago (within the 5 years they look at). I know Aviano has full medical on base and it shouldn't be an issue, but its still stressing me out. I also had bronchitis, but that was almost 5 years ago, it will be 5 years ago when we PCS but not when I have my exam... Luckily I don't have to mention my anti-depressants from high school. I know I shouldn't worry so much, we're not on a remote base or anything, but all the horror stories have officially freaked me out bad. Any words of wisdom? DH is reinlisting just to take this assignment and if I get denied I have no idea what will happen and it could really put extra stress on our marriage I think... Lame yes I know, but I will feel guilty. Anyways... I need some comforting words.
  2. Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    Super Grammar Girl to the rescue!
    It'll be fine. If you don't take any medication on a regular basis or have special needs they should put you right through.
    PLAN: The only four letter word the Army doesn't use. -Me
    "If we were a CD, I'd put us on shuffle and repeat." - DH

Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Being part of "the military family" will really teach you to reduce your expectations of being kissed while you're getting f****d.
  3. Senior Member
    You should be fine! I went through hell with it, but that's because I am on meds. By the time you'll have to do it you shouldn't have a problem because of the time that's passed.
  4. Senior Member
    My screening is August 6, DH wants to get it all done so he has the orders in hand earlier. I'm on no meds currently, I don't like to medicate myself. Thanks girls! Helps hearing it I guess... I'm a worry wart
  5. Senior Member
    My screening for germany we did the last time i was there. We were both pretty stressed about it at first and we had our doubts about getting approved though when the day came from the screening i talked to the doctor for a total of maybe 5 minutes he asked how i was feeling, he looked at my chart and he signed off on the paperwork it was such a huge relief and both DH and i were so surprised it was so simple
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Our overseas screening went smoothly. I usually go to a civilian dr so all I had to do was have all of my paperwork faxed. Also I was on some heavy meds about a year beforehand, but not when we did the screening and it was all good. You will be fine. I stressed out over it too, but afterwards I couldn't believe how easy it was. Good luck