Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know anything about El Paso

1. Proud Army Wife and Momma !
    Proud Army Wife and Momma !

Anyone know anything about El Paso

Advertisements
    What are the BAD neighborhoods in El Paso? Looks like there is a 6-9 month waitlist for on base housing on Fort Bliss.
    -Joni

2. tiffany2727
    well i can ask a good friend of mines for you cause she live out there i just know it get real hot out there. Let me check for you and i will get back with you
  3. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

One of my friends just moved from there last year and she is a member here although she doesn't really post much. I will send her a link to this!

4. God Bless the USA
    God Bless the USA
    Blog Entries
    Funny you should ask...I am here right now for two weeks. Fort Bliss is a fairly small post in my opinion and compared to Kentucky's Fort Campbell, less busy.
    It is very hot but no humidity. I have had NO issues with my allergies...that is a good thing. I will be heading into El Paso toward the end of the week and let you know what I find. So far...lots of dirt.
    I'm Sara
    'Blessed is the man that maketh the Lord his trust'
    Psalm 40:4
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Joy of the Lord is my Strength
    Dear GOD, I didn't think orange went with purple until I saw the sunset you made on Tuesday. That was cool!

-Eugene
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    My hubby is there....and I will be commuting back and forth....hot yes but no humidity which is a plus for me....some things are less expensive for me, housing and utilities...
    it is small are...some apt are nice some are not....I will be heading out there then end of july for a month....then back home for kids to go to school....then back and forth....
    I have kids and their father wont let them leave and my older has last year of elementary school and do not want to make her change now...so i will have to be crazy, i will be working in both places....
    I come from florida, it feels the same, same places to eat, same things to do...movies, put put, but there is a mountain view in the distance....I just cant seem to find the beach..got lots of sand but its the wrong color....

I read somewhere on the web that it was a really safe part of town...
    some seem more shady than others....the farther south and east I believe if my directions are right....we are right across from the college, or community college, i forget....but still new at this, have only been to fort knox, and that little town...this is much better and not dry...girls gotta have a drink...and margarita is the one of choice
  6. tiffany2727
    well i talk to my friend she said northwest side of el paso is a good part of town and it close to post. Yes its alot of dirt out there some people say it remind them of kuwait
  7. Proud Army Wife and Momma !
    Proud Army Wife and Momma !
    Thank you so much, Only 2 weeks left till the PCS and no house but we'll make it I'm sure!

Any more info is greatly appreciated and thanks for whats been said so far!!
    -Joni

8. deployment #2: 1 month down!
    deployment #2: 1 month down!
    My DH has been stationed at Bliss too!!! We'll be there in November.
  9. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    El Paso is a fairly large city and Ft Bliss is pretty good sized. The PX and Commy are quite large and spacious.
    El Paso itself is ok. There are tons of things to do you just got to get out there and do them. Northeast side of town is close to the base as well as central part of town. Some parts are bad and some are ok. It really depends on what you want to know. feel free to PM me i lived there and my parents still do, so i go home and visit quite often.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

10. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    are you looking to rent a house long term or till you get housing? I would look in the thrifty nickel http://epthriftynickel.com/ you can find some good leads. arhn.com is a great site to utilize for housing as well.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast