Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another BAH question.

1. Loving my soldier since '96
    Loving my soldier since '96

Another BAH question.

Advertisements
    Say if DH first duty station is unaccompanied (since he is still in AIT), Where would they base his BAH amount. Reason for me asking is, I dont live anywhere near a base (I want for my children to get exposed to other military children) and if he does have an unaccompanied assignment I want to live as close to a military base as possible. Will I be able to do that and have the BAH adjusted accordingly?

Thanks
    D.
    (Disclaimer: The following information is coming from a Army wife who doesn't actually know any specifics 100%. Often told to her by husband or other wise ones. Though, they all will admit that at times they dont know the specifics neither. The information received should be considered unstable and possibly flammable. Do not disseminate. )
  2. My Life is My Own Again! YAY!!
    My Life is My Own Again! YAY!!
    NoVA/He's on a boat right now, but stationed in Japan
    What is AIT? I can't figure that acronym out...
  3. Loving my soldier since '96
    Quote Originally Posted by WGs_Grrl View Post
    What is AIT? I can't figure that acronym out...
    Advanced Individual Training MOS training
    (Disclaimer: The following information is coming from a Army wife who doesn't actually know any specifics 100%. Often told to her by husband or other wise ones. Though, they all will admit that at times they dont know the specifics neither. The information received should be considered unstable and possibly flammable. Do not disseminate. )
  4. My Life is My Own Again! YAY!!
    My Life is My Own Again! YAY!!
    NoVA/He's on a boat right now, but stationed in Japan
    Quote Originally Posted by MomWifeMe View Post
    Advanced Individual Training MOS training
    OOPS...what MOS?

SO new to the military...SORRY!
  5. Loving my soldier since '96
    Quote Originally Posted by WGs_Grrl View Post
    OOPS...what MOS?

SO new to the military...SORRY!
    Military Occupational Specialty

Job training...training for the job that he is going to do in the Army

LOL!!!

There are so many acronyms I am still learning!!! LOL
  6. Loving my soldier since '96
  7. Senior Member
    I know DH is currently unaccompanied technically here in Germany and I am collecting BAH in Tampa where I live (I get the with dependent rate). I did have to have proof of rent or ownership, but that is a random thing they may or may not ask for.
  8. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    When he gets his orders if they are unaccompanied you get where you are living BAH ( as in you guys) even if you move. However your DH will have to update it at his command to ensure you are getting the proper BAH>

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

9. Loving my soldier since '96
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    When he gets his orders if they are unaccompanied you get where you are living BAH ( as in you guys) even if you move. However your DH will have to update it at his command to ensure you are getting the proper BAH>
    Quote Originally Posted by BubMunkeyBles View Post
    I know DH is currently unaccompanied technically here in Germany and I am collecting BAH in Tampa where I live (I get the with dependent rate). I did have to have proof of rent or ownership, but that is a random thing they may or may not ask for.
    Thanks Ladies!!!
  10. Senior Member
    You will get BAH for whatever area you live in. Sometimes you have to show proof, sometimes you don't.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast