Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When is it our turn?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

When is it our turn?

Advertisements
    For overseas orders?

Did you OCONUS ladies, have any help getting your orders, as in "here's a list choose your favorite", or did you just get them.

I'm over the states.. I've lived in 12 states, and visited all but about 8 of them.. I want to move out of the country.
  2. Senior Member
    I think the Army is different. DH has been overseas for 9 years (Germany, a year in Korea and then Germany now) plus we just got another 3 years in Italy. The Air Force has it so you have an overseas dream sheet and a stateside dream sheet. Good luck, I hope you get OCONUS soon .
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    not sure about the army. but i know for my family... we look at the billets that are open and then pick which one we want, tell the detailer and he/she says yes or no.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I want to go overseas too. This is our first Duty Station and have been stationed here about 3 years, and will probably be here for at least another 2. I just want to go ANYWHERE.
  5. Pass the Chocolate
    Pass the Chocolate
    Ditto about the Navy. DH looks online at what's available for his rate/rank and then asks the detailer basically.

I'm seriously wanting Europe orders again but the likelyhood is SO slim from HI.
  6. Senior Member
    My husband either deploys or does a remote in Korea (will in 3 years since we just got here) in order to get our base of choice. We want to stay overseas, so it's what works best for us.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tealeaves View Post
    My husband either deploys or does a remote in Korea (will in 3 years since we just got here) in order to get our base of choice. We want to stay overseas, so it's what works best for us.
    Yep... that's what DH did to get his current orders, and I'm sure will do again after Aviano... He never wants to go stateside again if he can help it. Deploying doesn't really help, but a one year tour in Korea and they will guarantee you a base overseas before he even goes. Gotta love the USAF.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by BubMunkeyBles View Post
    Yep... that's what DH did to get his current orders, and I'm sure will do again after Aviano... He never wants to go stateside again if he can help it. Deploying doesn't really help, but a one year tour in Korea and they will guarantee you a base overseas before he even goes. Gotta love the USAF.
    That is awesome! I wish dh was AF.

We did get good news, after dh is done with his schooling here we won't be staying for a tour at Drum. (unless they give him new orders here.) So hopefully.. fingers crossed..we will get orders overseas.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    well with us it was either japan or iraq....
  10. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    We didn't choose, lol. This is DH's 3rd overseas in a row, so we're due to pick where we want to go.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast