Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving in general! :[

1. Reject

Confused Moving in general! :[

Advertisements
    Hi ladies, I'm new here but there has been something on my mind and I'm not getting any help from the actual Army.

Anyway, I'm currently in Oregon and haven't PCSed before, and when I do, it'll be in Hawaii. My husband is currently deployed but I want to have housing before he comes home so we don't waste all our savings on insane Hawaii hotel rates. But my real question is: how do I even go about getting on the waiting list? And if he's due home in March, when should I apply? I know the two neighborhoods I'd like to get, and I realized that it isn't just my husband's company coming home, it's a couple thousand guys who will need housing too!

Or, if he has time to do so, can he fill out the forms (online or if I mail them to him)?

Sorry if that made NO sense. Any advice?
  2. Senior Member
    Usually you can't get on the list until your DH is released from his current command, then you can apply for housing unless there is a special circumstance. I don't know if Hawaii housing is the same way or not.
  3. Life is good.
    Life is good.
    I think you have tow ait until he has new orders and is released from his command before you can get on a waiting list. Some privitized housing don't even have lists they just are on first come first serve.
  4. Senior Member
    I'm assuming he's already stationed out here and just deployed. If so, which base are you trying to get housing?
  5. Reject
    Yes, I should have clarified. DH is based in Hawaii already. He was there for half a year before he deployed and has one more year there after it's over.

Duty station is Schofield.
  6. Senior Member
    I don't know much about housing, but I'd contact the housing office.

Here's a link for the housing information. Just click on S, then Schofield and you'll get the info about Schofield housing. Info about the wait list is also there.
  7. Reject
    Thanks, define. I haven't found that form before. It makes a little more sense, but at the same time, all the acronyms get confusing-- especially on the wait time.

Looks like I really only need to wait until around December to apply.
  8. Senior Member
    Call the housing office and talk to them because I know the wait can be longer than it states. If you click on Application Procedures, the number is on there.

ETA: There's a FAQ on there too.
  9. Senior Member
    Have you already been command sponsored?
  10. Reject
    No, for some reason his sgt. decided that I didn't need command sponsorship since I was going to Oregon for the majority of the deployment.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast