Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Hampton Roads Ladies

1. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Hampton Roads Ladies

Advertisements
    Specifically those who live in Williamsburg or Newport News. Who did you pick for your PCM. I need some recommendations for a PCM for me and a pediatric one for Robbie. I also need to be at a place that has an Internal Medicine Dr and a Cardiologist and a Dr that can also manage my diabetes too. Can any of you give me some suggestions. I know the 2 nearest MTF are Ft Eustis and Langley and I would think that Ft Eustis would be closer but if we live to far from that would they send us to a civilian

2. Senior Member
    ohhh I had an amazing PCM, shes a civilian in NN but they know a ton about Tricare. Her name is Dr. Tammy Beavers and she is at the James River Family Practice on Kiln Creek Pkwy. I was so sad when I had to leave b/c she was such a great doctor and everyone in her office is so friendly. The main doc there is Dr Halverson but I never saw him. The P.A there is great too. Dr Beavers was great with all of my medical problems.
  3. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    oh that sounds great Stacey. A woman Dr is always nice. She might even be able to handle all my health issues too. But if we end up living in Williamsburg I would want something a bit closer, but if we were in NN then if Langley or Ft Eustis wasnt taking anyone then I would pick her.

4. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    The kids and I all go to McDonald Army Hospital at Ft.Eustis. I love our Dr's. Their Dr is Dr. Ortiz in Peds and my Dr is Dr.Hjelkrum in Internal Medicine.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    oh that sounds great Stacey. A woman Dr is always nice. She might even be able to handle all my health issues too. But if we end up living in Williamsburg I would want something a bit closer, but if we were in NN then if Langley or Ft Eustis wasnt taking anyone then I would pick her.
    Its right at the edge there, right off the ..shit, I think its 664, and Jefferson. She was ALWAYS on top of my referrals and my meds and what I needed to do next. She had a game plan for me, like if ___ didnt work then we could try ___. I dont know if you remember last year when I had to call the ambulance when DH was out to sea after I was blacking out due to a botched nerve block. She called me at home to make sure I was ok and squeezed me into an appointment that she had to stay after for. She even told me what neighborhood to look at here lol Shes from this area. She also told me if I didnt get and use my handicap placard she would drag me there herself.
  6. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Traci View Post
    The kids and I all go to McDonald Army Hospital at Ft.Eustis. I love our Dr's. Their Dr is Dr. Ortiz in Peds and my Dr is Dr.Hjelkrum in Internal Medicine.
    Oh ok thanks Traci. I had a Dr there too that tied my tubes and was my Gyn too.

7. Senior Member
    Ft Eustis
  8. Senior Member
    I know for me they told me Portsmouth Naval (I really wanted it since it is close to where I work) would be a year's waiting list. I started at NASA, on Langley, and then when I found out I was pregnant moved over to Langley's Women's Clinic. I LOVE who I have seen so far!! Good luck!!
    TRIPP IS HERE!!!!

9. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    oh well portsmouth naval would be way to far for me to go since we will be living in williamsburg so it will either have to be fort eustis or possibly langley and if both of them are full then I will have to go with a civilian.