Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mileage for PCS moves

1. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Mileage for PCS moves

Advertisements
    How many of you think that the military should pay more cents per mile since the price of gas is going up so high. I mean I would think they should pay more because most of us are going to have to fork out whatever they dont give us ourselves and some people may not be able to afford that. We are driving 2 vehicles to VA in August and the military at present is only going to be giving us money for one vehicle and I think if I heard my DH correctly he said it was only .19 a mile or something like that. thats not much if you think about it. I dont have the total miles we have to drive but my DH knows since he already planned the trip.

Do you all think if gas continues to rise that the military will up the cost they will pay us?

2. Senior Member
    Your DH is right...it's on .19 cents a mile and with our PCS to Seattle coming and two cars it's going to cost us well over a $1,000 just in gas at these prices. I do agree that the military needs to up the cost of the gas per diem and raise the PCS rate. I think it has gone up maybe .4 a mile since DH and I did our first PCS in the early 90's. We are driving 2, 438 miles the military is giving us $926.44 for gas.
  3. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    well we have a Jeep Grand Cherokee which costs about 60 something right now to fill it up and only gets like 17 miles to a gallon I believe and then my car is a Ford Taurus which costs around 50 something to fill that up but I cant remember how many miles to the gallon it gets. well we are taking the Taurus when we go in June to VA for house hunting leave so we will know exactly how much it will cost. But then by the time August gets here gas might even be over 4.00 a gallon too.

4. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    I think they should not only raise the rates, but there should also be a guarantee that you will have your $$$ before you leave.. according to your estimated mileage. We were majorly hosed over during our last PCS, and it took 6 weeks and 3 paperwork submissions once we arrived in SD to get our money.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

5. Senior Member
    I feel your pain. My H3 cost well over $60 to fill and gets decent mileage about 22-24 miles to the gallon depending, DH has the Ford Five Hundred and gets about 28 miles to the gallon. We certainly are not going to be making any money at all on this move.
  6. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    which money are you talking about your DLA or your per diem or what? cause we got all of our DLA before we moved down here and only part of the per diem and then he got the rest after he turned everything in. I know he is going to make sure we will get that money before we leave here.

7. wishin
    wishin
    ya gas in va beach right now is 3.77gl.. its crazy!
    Sometimes the smallest things take up the biggest space in your heart.
  8. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by USCGBoxerMom View Post
    I feel your pain. My H3 cost well over $60 to fill and gets decent mileage about 22-24 miles to the gallon depending, DH has the Ford Five Hundred and gets about 28 miles to the gallon. We certainly are not going to be making any money at all on this move.
    well when it comes to the per diem and stuff no.

My DH said that we are going to save every moving receipt because whatever the navy doesnt pay us we can claim on our taxes next year for sure. So every gas receipt, hotel receipt and all of our food for the trip and for the temporary hotel when we finally get to VA until we get moved in we will save.

9. Cat
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by sailornwife View Post
    ya gas in va beach right now is 3.77gl.. its crazy!
    oh its about the same thing down here in corpus too. I saw different places had 3.79 and some were 3.76

10. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    which money are you talking about your DLA or your per diem or what? cause we got all of our DLA before we moved down here and only part of the per diem and then he got the rest after he turned everything in. I know he is going to make sure we will get that money before we leave here.
    We got $800 to move on before we left, for 1 car and 2 people (we moved 3 people and 2 cars)..That's not even half of the DLA...

Some idiot at PSD screwed up the paperwork. I ended up having to cough up money for a plane ticket from GL to TX for Glenn so that he could drive one of the vehicles.. things were filled out correctly, but entered wrong by someone at PSD. Once we found this out (after the deposit) he tried to have it fixed, but if you're less than10 days from the date of travel, you can't do anything about it. So we had to put off bills to move, and then submit reimbursment paperwork over and over and over just to get our money. Thankfully in between arriving and getting settled, our deposit/rent refund from BridgePointe made it to us...

I'm so over this whole PCSing thing..

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast