Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: What would you do?

1. Dorothy.....We're still in Kansas!
    Dorothy.....We're still in Kansas!

Help What would you do?

Advertisements
    Ok, DH is in boot, after which he will go to Aberdeen proving grounds in MD (unaccompanied orders) for AIT (3-4 months). Right now, I live in TN with DS. DH wants me to move up there with him. BAH for here is roughly 930, MD is 1200. I pay around 5-600 in rent & utilities. An apartment in APG is around 600-700 in rent. Pro's and con's -
    con - money, obviously
    pro's - DS being around his father, which he won't see for a total of 3 and a half months (stupid army f'ed up with basic dates)
    - also, someone else to help take care of DS, yeah, he goes to my mom's on fri nites til sat afternoon, but DH would be able to help out on weekends and most weeknites.

Decisions decisions.........what do you guys think?

2. TualaBear
    TualaBear
    Hmmm I dunno.. DH went to school up there for 4 months also and I stayed down in KY. Of course I had a job and DD was in daycare.. Or else I might've tried to move up there with him. When I visited Aberdeen it was nice and plenty of shopping.
    Freedom & Tina Our Blog: http://thebaptistas.blogspot.com/
    "To disagree with me is your human right. To argue with me just because you think you are right and want to see me wrong makes you legally retarded."
  3. Dorothy.....We're still in Kansas!
    Quote Originally Posted by girl20racer View Post
    Hmmm I dunno.. DH went to school up there for 4 months also and I stayed down in KY. Of course I had a job and DD was in daycare.. Or else I might've tried to move up there with him. When I visited Aberdeen it was nice and plenty of shopping.
    Yeah, I thought about putting DS in daycare, but all you hear about here are horror stories (worker taping pacifier in mouth, tying kid to chair, and putting in closet kinda things - last one I heard about). I mean, I want to move to MD, but then I think of money for the future, and being around DH. Which is more important, taken care of if something happens medical or bill wise, or being taken care of.....emotionally, I guess.

4. TualaBear
    TualaBear
    Yah I understand. DD was in the daycare on post.. and all their rooms were video recorded as were the hallways. I've never felt so comfortable about a daycare as I did that one.. and she LOVED it there and has learned so much.
    Freedom & Tina Our Blog: http://thebaptistas.blogspot.com/
    "To disagree with me is your human right. To argue with me just because you think you are right and want to see me wrong makes you legally retarded."
  5. Dorothy.....We're still in Kansas!

6. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

If it's only 3 - 4 months I wouldn't do the move because you'll have to pay for that... an then pay to go to the next duty station.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i'm not sure. because i haven't dealt with it... but if you moved on unaccompanied orders... i'm i right to think you wouldn't get any bah? and i'm thinking there might be issues with getting money to move to his perminate duty station.
    i dunno, i may be wrong... those are just things i thought about. please correct me, i'd hate to lead someone the wrong way.
  8. Proud Army Wife and Momma !
    Proud Army Wife and Momma !
    Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    i'm not sure. because i haven't dealt with it... but if you moved on unaccompanied orders... i'm i right to think you wouldn't get any bah? and i'm thinking there might be issues with getting money to move to his perminate duty station.
    i dunno, i may be wrong... those are just things i thought about. please correct me, i'd hate to lead someone the wrong way.
    We were told that the army wouldn't move us either, if I moved up to Maryland. Dh is there right now and he's never got released of a night and only very few weekends they take privelages away very easily there . I have three kids under three and I just had to tough it out. I'm willing to talk if you need anything, and different companies may have different policys IDK , I hope this helps, I just didn't want you moving up there for nothing.
    -Joni