Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Navy Move advice needed

1. Senior Member

Question Navy Move advice needed

Advertisements
    So we are moving soon (THANK GOD! I hate VA!)
    Anyways its a change of homeport move and the command is doing a meeting to go over this stuff with us but I figured I would ask some advice from you ladies as well....

Our move from CT to VA DH was in charge of it. He made all the arrangements prior to our wedding so I have NO IDEA what I need to do, who I need to contact...anything. The last move I did was from Virginia Beach to Norfolk and I did that on my own with my FIL/MIL, my brother, my cousins, and a guy who used to be on hubbys sub..... lol so yeah I am military move retarded
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    You can't do anything until you have hard copies in hand. Also if your dh isn't around you can't move with out a specific POA ( that states you are allowed to move household goods) everything is done on www.smartwebmove.com Unless this is your very first move you will only go to the transpo office to give them a copy of the orders. Make sure your dates are flexible and give yourself enough time to get the house in order between them packing you out and you guys leaving the base. You will need to put in a notice to vacate with housing. if they are PPV you need to follow your state laws, so read your lease if you are unsure what the rules are concerning that. I am sure there are other things, if you have any questions ask!!!

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Rosebud gave some great advice! As usual...
    I've always been told that with Change of Homeport, they'll give you preferential treatment on housing lists .. (they allot so many units or whatever for when you guys are set to arrive.. you may still have to wait, but it shouldn't be long..)

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need