Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EFM and housing

1. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Question EFM and housing

Advertisements
    We were already in housing when Gabe was put in EFM. How much of an effect will be being a catagory 4 have in reference to wait times? Will we not have to wait long?

The majority of wait times at the bases we are looking at are anywhere between 6-18 months.... most closer to 18 months.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I think each base makes it's own rules. I went through some of the EFM sites and housing rules trying to find the same information a while back and it seemed like some bases would bump you up as Cat 4, then some wouldn't bump you unless you were Cat 5. So, I'd probably just call and flat out ask them what kind of effect it would have for you, if any. Are you moving? I think I might have missed something
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

According to my friend who is on the phone with me now, EFM status should give y'all a slight bump forward. The wait list when they arrived was 9 months and they got in in 4, mostly due to her child's med. status.

I wish I had some official info, but for you in case someone else does
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
    I think each base makes it's own rules. I went through some of the EFM sites and housing rules trying to find the same information a while back and it seemed like some bases would bump you up as Cat 4, then some wouldn't bump you unless you were Cat 5. So, I'd probably just call and flat out ask them what kind of effect it would have for you, if any. Are you moving? I think I might have missed something
    Hopefully soon. JASS comes up this afternoon with new billets and we are finally within our window. Right now the BM detailer has DH penciled in for Bahrain, but with ?'s beside it. We are trying to get back to the east. So, hopefully in Nov when his current orders are up we will be heading back that direction, without having to do the Bahrain thing for the coast prefrence.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta View Post
    According to my friend who is on the phone with me now, EFM status should give y'all a slight bump forward. The wait list when they arrived was 9 months and they got in in 4, mostly due to her child's med. status.

I wish I had some official info, but for you in case someone else does
    UGGGHHH, why cant it just be standard across the board. No, that would make too much sense. LOL
  6. I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    I'm from the south and sometimes I have a big mouth
    I think its cat 5 you get housing preference.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mossey2000 View Post
    I think its cat 5 you get housing preference.
    see out here, you get prefrence at 3. i guess it depends on the base. guess I am going to have to make phone calls. 5 doesnt make much sense to me though, and we were told that 5's dont remain a 5 longer than a year except in RARE cases. Gabe started out as a 5 and EFM re-evaluated his catagory a year later and dropped him to a 4.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    see out here, you get prefrence at 3. i guess it depends on the base. guess I am going to have to make phone calls. 5 doesnt make much sense to me though, and we were told that 5's dont remain a 5 longer than a year except in RARE cases. Gabe started out as a 5 and EFM re-evaluated his catagory a year later and dropped him to a 4.
    I think their reasoning is that unless you're critical enough to be cat 5, you probably don't have a medical "need" to be moved in any sooner than anyone else. However, I do know it completely varies from base to base. I did a lot of searching when I was looking at the EFM info I came up with different things for all different bases. Your best bet would be to call them and also get the name of the person you talk with... that way, they can't go back and say that something was never said, KWIM?

I have heard stories about the VA housing, which is the #1 reason that we chose SD over VA. We would have definitely gone to VA if the housing situation would have been better... I was just too scared to get there and have no where to live
  9. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    like everyone says it does depend on the base. We had friends who were tired of living out in town and because they were EFM were offered any house on any of the bases. no wait at all.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

10. Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Dreams come true... I am living mine
    Donna are you trying to get to Hampton Roads??? If so I can find out what their CAT requirements are for you if you want me to call... I get what you are saying about housing Brandi! But I will say I love the housing area that I live in and they have 3 and 4 bedrooms
    DREAMS CAN COME TRUE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast