Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: things to take with me

1. jesspaige

things to take with me

Advertisements
    it is so hard to think about what are things that i should take with me when i go to italy. i know that it is going to be a little ways off but still i need to start thinking what are things that i have to have to take with me. can anyone give me an idea of things that you usually take with you?!
  2. ProudArmyWifeD
    You mean for a visit?
  3. jesspaige
    no to live with him for about a year or a year and a half
  4. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    take lots of clothes...lol a bathing suit. the beach is awesome. Also bring some warm stuff too cause the mountains rock too but they are much cooler. make sure you have like 25 copies of his orders, they need them for everything here.and its a long plane ride so bring your ipod or something to entertain you
  5. lauren_riley
    I'm moving to Germany and have the same question you do! What on earth do I pack? I found some information on the Internet. But it's mostly things not to pack haha.
    1. houseplants (don't try to bring any!)
    2. electronic devices with a timer(clocks, clothes dryers, microwaves) might not work right in Europe, so save some extra money and buy these things at px when you get there.
    3. Depending on rank, your SO will have a weight limit...you have to estimate the weight of things on your own and pay a cost if you go over.
    4. For Italy I would definately pack a good variety of clothing. It is really hot in the valleys and along the coast, and chilly up in the mountains (even in summer!) My dad was stationed there, and that's what I remember about the weather.
    5. Many, many copies of orders! You'll need a copy for every little process that is involved with a PCS move.
    P.S. Is your SO already there?
  6. ProudArmyWifeD
    I don't get it ladies?? You are PCSing...that means you are moving your stuff. Why aren't you taking everything?? What would you leave behind and where would you leave it??

(I mean, I understand some people put some of the furniture in storage when they PCS OCONUS because housing is often smaller, but other than that....why aren't you just packing up all of your belongings?)
  7. ProudArmyWifeD
    Last edited by ProudArmyWifeD; 01-06-2010 at 12:02 PM.
  8. jesspaige
    he isn't there yet he will be leaving to go there in march. we are getting married at the beginning of march and then he leaves a couple of days later. i will then be leaving as soon as everything is said and done with all the paper work and getting my passport and visa
  9. ProudArmyWifeD
    Quote Originally Posted by jesspaige View Post
    he isn't there yet he will be leaving to go there in march. we are getting married at the beginning of march and then he leaves a couple of days later. i will then be leaving as soon as everything is said and done with all the paper work and getting my passport and visa

So his orders are obviously unaccompanied. Are you going to wait to get command sponsorship? That would help.