Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Question for the officer wives out there/OCS

1. Loving my soldier since '96
    Loving my soldier since '96

Question Question for the officer wives out there/OCS

Advertisements
    I have been reading other boards and get mixed answer about PCS's during OCS and I was wondering if someone can clear up some things for me.

True or False. Some families can get housing while dh is in OCS? If so, what is the criteria?

Do you think that even moving off base to benning is worth it to be close to dh since sometimes they get passes on the weekend?

Or any other information that you have on this I would really appreciate.

Thanks
    (Disclaimer: The following information is coming from a Army wife who doesn't actually know any specifics 100%. Often told to her by husband or other wise ones. Though, they all will admit that at times they dont know the specifics neither. The information received should be considered unstable and possibly flammable. Do not disseminate. )
  2. justkristin
    You only qualify for housing if your dh is branched infantry, because then they do OBC right after OCS at Benning, too.

I went down there and lived in a fricking camper while my dh was in OCS. I only saw him Sundays at church for like 2 hours and for about 3 days before he graduated and also was there for three hurricanes. I wouldn't suggest moving down...just to go down a few days before/after graduation for the ball and such.

They also get a weekend pass halfway through for a family and friends picnic thing. You could go down for that too.
  3. Loving my soldier since '96
    Loving my soldier since '96
    Thanks for the help. I wasnt sure if the move would REALLY make sense or be good for the kids.
    (Disclaimer: The following information is coming from a Army wife who doesn't actually know any specifics 100%. Often told to her by husband or other wise ones. Though, they all will admit that at times they dont know the specifics neither. The information received should be considered unstable and possibly flammable. Do not disseminate. )
  4. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    How far of a drive is it from NC to GA?