Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Military housing from one base to next

1. Senior Member

Question Military housing from one base to next

Advertisements
    Can anyone explain to me how i go about getting on a waiting list for base housing at our next duty station while we are still in housing here? Or if its even possible.

We just got orders for Pt Mugu for July (we are down in San Diego) but i have no idea where to even start, this is our first PCS.

i just read somewhere we will only be put on a waiting list once we have detached from our current duty station, that makes no sense to me. and i know you girls are full of information

thanks in advance
  2. Senior Member
    That is the way they do it now. You can not get on the waiting list until you have detached from your duty station now. It really sucks.
  3. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyndilou View Post
    That is the way they do it now. You can not get on the waiting list until you have detached from your duty station now. It really sucks.

That's one of the reasons why we rented a place out in town.

OP...you can always find a place that offers a month to month lease if you're dead set on living in military housing.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    You get on the list when you get to your new duty station. But they do back date your application to whenever it is that you detached.
  5. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    You get on the list when you get to your new duty station. But they do back date your application to whenever it is that you detached.
  6. Senior Member
    damn, that sucks,

looking for a place out in town would probably be the best option then.thank god the drive isnt too far so i can go check out some places. i just figured base housing was my best option since we were moving somewhere where i knew no one or where anything was

thanks girls
  7. ProudArmyWifeD
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    And they'll put you in temp housing until something comes available.
  8. ProudArmyWifeD
    Last edited by ProudArmyWifeD; 01-06-2010 at 12:02 PM.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    we got a house before we checked out of housing in both Great Lakes and VA, but our orders are funny. my DH detached from TSC Great Lakes in January and checked into school that his ship was sending him to in Great Lakes in January we accepted the house in February and moved in March. it was weird how it all happened. so if your DH has a school in between you might beable to do it that way?
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    You will have to have a copy of the orders to fax to the new housing list. They will backdate it one month and then you wait.

You are best getting an apt that is month to month. All depends on the base too.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast