Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Decal HELP

1. Del
    solve problems with a little time and lots of vodka

Help Car Decal HELP

Advertisements
    Sorry, figured this was the closest forum for this.

I need to get my car its base stickers. So, here's the issue. The car is in my dad's name (title), but we're both on the insurance and I'm his dependent.

Do I need him in order to get the stickers put on the car so I can take it on base? Or is can I do it, since I'm his dependent?

I'm figuring I need him... but I was holding out a sliver of hope that I wouldn't 'cos the place already closed today and he's going home tomorrow.
  2. JadedPrincess
    You can do it on your own. Just have insurance, proof of inspection, and your id.
  3. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    You need him or a POA in hand, since your name is not on the registration...

Otherwise you can just get a temp pass.
  4. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Each region may have different policies though!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    i believe you need him....however your best bet would just be to call the pass office and ask. That way you won't go all the way up there, wait in the usually long ass line, just to be turned away...

Everyday you spend worrying about tomorrow...you miss living for today...
  6. JadedPrincess
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Each region may have different policies though!
    This is very true...because here in our region you can.

The reason they let me do it is because I have proof of insurance and my id. Since the title was in my mom's name and my mom's name was on my id as my sponsor, it stood to reason for them that I a) have base access and b) am allowed to drive this car what with being insured for it and all.

Not everything in the military is super hard. Does your base have a website. They might have an answer under their pass and id section as to what their policy is.
  7. Del
    Hmm, yeah I'm gonna call this week sometime. I just wanted to see if anybody knew for sure (see, with my luck it is regional heh).

They do have the website (I was gonna go up to Everett), but no information on it that I can tell. I can also hit up Ft. Lewis or McCord, but they're farther out of my way.

ETA: Just asked 'cos I thought maybe someone had gone through this with a car being in their DH's name or something and might know.
    Last edited by Del; 01-26-2008 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Explanation
  8. JadedPrincess
    Quote Originally Posted by Del View Post
    Hmm, yeah I'm gonna call this week sometime. I just wanted to see if anybody knew for sure (see, with my luck it is regional heh).

They do have the website (I was gonna go up to Everett), but no information on it that I can tell. I can also hit up Ft. Lewis or McCord, but they're farther out of my way.

ETA: Just asked 'cos I thought maybe someone had gone through this with a car being in their DH's name or something and might know.
    I hope it works for you like it does here in the Mid-Atlantic. It would totally suck if you needed your dad what with him leaving and all.
  9. Mrs. Wachtman
    I think your going to need your dad. My husband and I are currently at Fort Lewis, so i'm not a 100% sure but my cars in my dads name, my insurance is in my dads name with me as a dependent, and we couldn't get base tabs for it at all. We could get a temporary day pass but there was something that wasn't allowing us to get base tabs. I'd have to ask my DH why, they were the ones who handled it, once I get a chance to talk to him I'll post another reply. But most likely you will need your dad.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

My husbands truck is in his dad's name, so his dad gave him a noterized (spelling??) letter saying that he had permission to put decals on the vehicle
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast