Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Will i lose my BAH with the MILITARY RPP??

1. rachaellemmon

Confused Will i lose my BAH with the MILITARY RPP??

Advertisements
    Im not familiar with the Military rental partnership program , i know they get paid by allotment but do you get to keep the $$ thats left over? wishful thinking huh? If anyone has an answer id really appreciate it . If the rent is 1000 and the allotment is 1250 why would anyone give up the xtra money? I dont understand this program but i cant find an apartment to save my life . He's been living on the ship in norfolk for 6 months because i cant find a place down there...so if anyone knows of any apartments , let me know.
  2. Senior Member
    When my DH did the RPP long ago before we were married he said it went like this. Say your BAH was $1200 and your rent was only $1000 right? So you set up an allotment to the apartment for $1000 and you get the other $200. You don't have to pay them everything that you get in BAH if the rent is less. If the rent is more then your BAH say your rent is $1300 and your BAH is $1200 then yes they will take the BAH and you still owe an additional $100 a month.
  3. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    No you get to keep your extra money. It would be just like renting an apartment that isn't RPP you pay the rent and the extra is for you.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

4. rachaellemmon
    Thank you !!! i have been so lost on this subject!!