Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: will they move me?

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

will they move me?

Advertisements
    background: df has been at bragg since oct '06, deployed for 15months shortly there after. he lived, and will live in the barracks when he's back.

will they move me done there when we get married? i'm worried that since he already "lived" there they for almost 2years that they wouldn't cover the cost or something.

also, in april he might reenlist and put in for a new unit. we'll be married in june... and he says he'd prolli psc in november if he did this (just a educated guess). will they move me to bragg knowing he'll be moving again? and if not... is there like a standard time frame they go by to determine that?
    oh he'll be so pissed if something like that happens!
  2. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    they will not move you. If he's PCSing in November it might make more sense to only take the essentials and have the military do a second shipment from your current residence when they move you then.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    they will not move you. If he's PCSing in November it might make more sense to only take the essentials and have the military do a second shipment from your current residence when they move you then.
    just want to clearify... they wouldn't just because he'd quickly PSC again?

does anyone know if it's possible to petition to stay it the barracks when your married? we cant afford to move ourselves. like can you wave BAH and stuff like that if i don't move? i just dont see the point of making him leave the barracks for a few months before a PCS (if he did choose to reenlist).
  4. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    It depends on the situation. If he there is enough space they may allow him to geo bat it in the barracks for a price, (not enough to break the bank, but they do charge something) however if there is over crowding or they just don't feel like it then they can have him move out in town.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    just want to clearify... they wouldn't just because he'd quickly PSC again?
    does anyone know if it's possible to petition to stay it the barracks when your married? we cant afford to move ourselves. like can you wave BAH and stuff like that if i don't move? i just dont see the point of making him leave the barracks for a few months before a PCS (if he did choose to reenlist).

It wouldn't matter when he was pcs-ing somewhere else. They won't move you b/c he's already stationed there. Which is why the recommendation to only move essentials is very good b/c then when he does pcs again in November he can claim the belongings in storage as his then have them shipped with what you already contain at Bragg.

If he's E5 or below staying in the barracks isn't that difficult as long as he can prove he's going to remain a geographical bachelor. However above that rank they generally don't have the space and they request they move out on their own.
    *** Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes. ***
    *** Women's Rule of Thumb: If it has tires or testicles, you're going to have trouble with it! ***
    *** My husband bought me a mood ring the other day. When I'm in a good mood
    it turns green. When I'm in a bad mood, it leaves a red mark on his forehead. ***

Never go to bed mad, stay up and fight it out.
    ---------------------------------------------
    A half truth is still a whole lie.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    the other girls are right the army will not move you to ft. bragg, you will have to move yourself there w/your own money. kinda sucks :0/ we've had to do it, 18 hour drive w/a u-haul is not fun! lol
    as far as the barracks go im not really sure b/c df has never had to live in the since he is any officer. i suggest having your df talk to his commander asap to find out living arrangements once ya'll are married.
    oh ya and it didn't cost much for the u-haul we rented, we picked it up on a friday and returned it on a monday and it cost around 100 bucks for the trailor (you'll need a truck or suv to pull it)
    good luck with everything, i hope ya'll can get something figured out!
  7. Independent Beachbody Coach
    Independent Beachbody Coach
    The navy moved me to Goose Creek after I married hubster, that sucks that the army doesnt.
  8. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael View Post
    The navy moved me to Goose Creek after I married hubster, that sucks that the army doesnt.
    they do it sometimes, but if he is THAT close to the end of his orders, I seriously doubt it. I had a friend get moved post-wedding by the army but he still had two years left on his orders.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael View Post
    there are always exceptions: ie your DH did not move any or much of his HHG's and you were in the same place as his HOR.. AND he had more than 12 months left at the PDS.

Now -- what has been suggested is a good Idea--

BUT even better is to just pack up a truck and drive to your future Dh's PDS-

check out www.ditymovers.com

ask for cash for your wedding presents- Don't register anywhere and use that cash to get started on your new lives together.

what is a set of expensive china that you will never never take out of the box because you are affraid it will get broken in the next move--

I know I have a 7,000 dollar china set service of 12 sitting in my dads storage shed. ( LOL he recently told me to come get it out he needs the space!! )
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    lots of info! thanks girls.

this is all crazy. DF said the 82nd does not allow GeoBats. So that's out. so i guess we'll just need to save up to move ourselves, and hope maybe someone can work something out. he never moved any of his stuff to Bragg because he deployed right away.. so we might be able to, i dunno.

so lets say i move myself to Bragg, but leave most of our stuff in Toledo (our hometown)... and then we PCS somewhere else. Would the pay to move stuff from Toledo and Bragg, or just one or the other?
    the army confuses me!!!

it might not be expensive for us to move everything to Bragg, we'll only have wedding gifts. no furniture... planned on buying that in NC cuz it's cheaper there then in Ohio. maybe i'm stressing about nothing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast