Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: per diem?

1. Senior Member

per diem?

Advertisements
    We are pcs'ing from hawaii to San Diego.

My question is..

How many days do we get per diem when we get to San Diego?

Also-- Does per diem include lodging?

TIA!
  2. Banned
    Banned
    you may not rate per diem for any days-- I believe for PCS filghts less than 6 hours do not rate Per diem.

and normally Per diem is for lodging and meals.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    you may not rate per diem for any days-- I believe for PCS filghts less than 6 hours do not rate Per diem.

and normally Per diem is for lodging and meals.
    ok so per diem is for if you drive to your next duty station? I am clueless lol!

Do we still get loding money when we get to San Diego? And what about money for food when we get to San Diego? Since i know we wont have a house yet.
  4. Banned
    Banned
    this is called TLE- this is a reimburable expense for lodging and food for up to 10 days before leaving or after arrival to new PDS ( PDS is permenant duty station)

TLE is: temporary lodging expense-- but remember this is REIMBURSABLE- meaning you get it after you show reciepts for the hotel.

also you will get DLA and it is at least 1800 dollars to help cover the costs associated with a move- like cutians, rugs and cleaning supplies, but the is a lump sum amount and does not get paid back and you do not need to show reciepts to get it.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    this is called TLE- this is a reimburable expense for lodging and food for up to 10 days before leaving or after arrival to new PDS ( PDS is permenant duty station)

TLE is: temporary lodging expense-- but remember this is REIMBURSABLE- meaning you get it after you show reciepts for the hotel.

also you will get DLA and it is at least 1800 dollars to help cover the costs associated with a move- like cutians, rugs and cleaning supplies, but the is a lump sum amount and does not get paid back and you do not need to show reciepts to get it.

ok i get it!!! Do we have to apply for the TLE? Or do we just go to PSD after we already stay at the hotel in our new duty station??
  6. Banned
    Banned
    you will need to apply for it- there are specific requirements for the different branches.