Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Help with moving...

1. Senior Member

Mad Help with moving...

Advertisements
    How far in advacnce can you move, or get advance pay, or if we do a DITTY move, when will we get the money?!

We have a crazy situation. DH's current command is leaving April 5 for ALMOST two months, and our report "no later than date" for his new command is June 16, BUT we have to report to his "new command" By June 1, or we have to stay here in VA because the new command is having a change of homeports June 1 of next year, and some of the commands moving earlier throughout the year, BUT we are from Louisiana, and we chose the New Orleans orders because it's close to home for us, NOT KNOWING they were having a change of homeports which is another story, so we are settlng for going home for a year. SOOOO, in order for us to move to Louisiana by June 1st with DH'S current command leaving April 5, we are going to have to take leave March 24 and move, so that's why I'm wondering if we can have the navy move us, or will we have to do a ditty move, and then get reimbursed, or how soon in advance can we get DLA?!

Sorry about the rambling, I just wanted to paint a better picture of what was going on...Thanks Ladies!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    You can apply for a move at any time as long as you have hard copy order in hand,just remember when you move since your dh is still attached to his current command thats what BAH you will still be getting for the time being and you won't be able to move into housing either at the new command either until he checks in.So you will need to plan ahead with your current BAH. Also you can do the move without your dh, many spouses have done it, you might want to start looking at that too just incase they don't let your dh have anytime to help move.

He can also do a change of orders if hes not happy with his orders anymore, there are alot of things he can do he just needs to talk to his career counsleor
  3. Senior Member
    We have been TRYING to do a change of orders! The detailor told us that it was up to his command where his new hard copy of orders are at, so we called the Senior chief LOTS of times and he said that the oNLY way he would allow my husband to get out of those orders was if someone else choose the orders to New Orleans, and with the orders not being on JASS anymore how can that happen. We also went to his future command in New Orleans for New Years leave to speak with the Senior chief who we found out will not even be his senior chief once he gets there, but he still doens't want to release my DH from those orders! These New Orleasn orderds were a dream come true to say the least. We choose these orders to leave VA, so that we could be closer to family and friends, and now we find out after a year we have to come straight back here to VA!

SOOO, how can we get new orders?!
  4. Banned
    Banned
    look to see if you can mutual- this is done member to member- I am not sure how the navy does it--

but you could start by going to www.military.com to thier forums and find the navy forum. there may be info on how to do it there.

for the CG there is a Mutual board- and it is all out of pocket- but if you can mutual with some one already in NO at a different command it would be a no cost transfer since you will already be there.
  5. God is great, Beer is good and People are crazy...
    God is great, Beer is good and People are crazy...
    Ditymovers.com gives alot of wonderful information on DITY moves. We are doing one ourselves and have learned a ton of wonderful information! If you rent a truck go penske, they offer free milage and it helps alot in the end!
  6. Senior Member
    Thanks! I'll be looking into that right now!
  7. dandj2008
    Hi! I have a question about marriage and PCS-ing. How close to PCS date can you cut it with a marriage to be able to PCS along as a dependent?
  8. Banned
    Banned
    not too close-- at least 30-60 days since orders need to be ammended to include dependants.