Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camp Pendleton Anyone?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Camp Pendleton Anyone?

Advertisements
    I was wondering if you could tell me anything about the base...likes, dislikes.. if you have pictures? I have read all the websites but I want to know personal opinions.
    A heart truly in love never loses hope, but always believes in the promise of love, no matter how long the time and how far the distance
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Um lets see. Its huge...They have all that you need on there. Everything military related plus others like fast food starbucks places movies (sorta) lol a game center. I think its actually pretty. There is a ton of open land. Its actually a reserve as well as a base. Of course you are close to the beach. Most of the housing is pretty nice.
    Any specific questions?
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Thanks! I really am just looking for any info. My husband is going there in March for fmss and is also being stationed there.. We were suppose to go too but it ends up being that we can't go until May when he is done with fmss. I was wondering how it's different from the Navy base and well, are you treated different because you are Navy?! Um, also, my husband *may be* leaving soon after we get there if the info we got was correct and I am just a little nervous about moving and him leaving so soon after. *sigh*.. can you tell I am nervous yet excited lol!!
    A heart truly in love never loses hope, but always believes in the promise of love, no matter how long the time and how far the distance
  4. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    From visiting the base on several occasions....I LOVE it!!! It's REALLY huge though!!!
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    If anyone does treat you different because you are navy...they suck..HaHa My DH worked ver at the naval weapons station for 2 years and we LOVED the navy guys. They are actually navy MPs
  6. God is great, Beer is good and People are crazy...
    God is great, Beer is good and People are crazy...
    I love it there. I remember there was a different spot for the Navy. I never met anyone whos SO was Navy and I lived there for 3 years! I cant wait to go back, I loved being out there. I loved my house, and the security I felt there.I dont have many pics but here are a couple that I have:

There is alot of open spaces, and alot of mountains. Here is a pic of one

This was taken by the commy by the front gate.

Im sorry I really dont have any other ones, most of them are from my husbands camp and I am sure you really dont care to see that.
  7. Senior Member
    im fairly new to the base, but I LOVE IT! the other ladies arent kidding when they say its huge...its HUGE! some parts are really pretty too. Everything you'd need is on base. There are a lot of fun things to do to....like they have stables, paintball, beaches, a lake. It's great. Some of the housing is really nice, and some of it is kinda...ehh. And i think there is a specal part of base for Navy, but not 100% sure so dont take my word on it....i think its Del Mar.
  8. Senior Member
    i'll be out there at the end of may, but i've visited, and almost got lost on base...so yeah, it's huge...we are living off base, so i don't know what base housing is like, but i think they were building some new stuff...there is horseback riding, art classes, and all kinds of stuff for you to do!!! i hope you like it!

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I love CP But then... other than 29 Palms, it's the only base I've been to, and 29 Palms is just icky compared.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    My cousin lives there! It's huuuge. only one sell phone service works there...I think sprint? I could be wrong.

Lots of walmarts around. lol. I dont have a walmart up here for 30 miles, so when I was there and there was one ever 5 miles, I was a little impressed!

Anyway, weather is nice, base is big, but you may have to change your sell phone provider...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast