Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fort Bliss

1. Home is where the army sends us
    Home is where the army sends us

Question Fort Bliss

Advertisements
    I didn't get any responses over in the military location section so I thought I would try here....

My DH is in Iraq right now and he said he just found out we are going to Fort Bliss when he comes back. Is anyone at Fort Bliss? Is anyone Field Artillery at Fort Bliss? I would appreciate some info.
    We do have a way out....we are seriously considering going recruiter. I need input for someone that has a clue because I'm
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Me and dh are from El Paso..
    Ft Bliss is a big base, and the area is quite large. Most people don't like it there. Personally I wouldn't want to live there full time but....

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    DH just trained there for 6 months. I visited him there twice. I personally don't think it's terrible and the city isn't that bad.
  4. .x.MiSS.LADi.x.
    Quote Originally Posted by jssheila View Post
    I didn't get any responses over in the military location section so I thought I would try here....

My DH is in Iraq right now and he said he just found out we are going to Fort Bliss when he comes back. Is anyone at Fort Bliss? Is anyone Field Artillery at Fort Bliss? I would appreciate some info.
    We do have a way out....we are seriously considering going recruiter. I need input for someone that has a clue because I'm

My Dh is in asic about to be in AIT next month-- he was told that his 1st duty station might be Ft Bliss...He is Field Artillery

Dunno about the base-- i looked at base housing online 4 them & those were nice...My friend that lives near there said its nice b/c u can go to mexico Lol...Jus wanted to let you know if you go there- ya got`a friend
    Last edited by .x.MiSS.LADi.x.; 01-17-2008 at 05:24 PM. Reason: wrote hood instead of bliss :hehe
  5. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by MissAsadi View Post

My Dh is in asic about to be in AIT next month-- he was told that his 1st duty station might be Ft Hood...He is Field Artillery

Dunno about the base-- i looked at base housing online 4 them & those were nice...My friend that lives near there said its nice b/c u can go to mexico Lol...Jus wanted to let you know if you go there- ya got`a friend
    those are two different bases sweetie, they are about 500-600 miles apart.

I will miss you SOS...

6. .x.MiSS.LADi.x.
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    those are two different bases sweetie, they are about 500-600 miles apart.
    LOL
    I ment to write Bliss sorry...SLOW-NESS
  7. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by MissAsadi View Post
    LOL
    I ment to write Bliss sorry...SLOW-NESS

lol it's been a long day for me too. i should have figured lol. Yeah don't go to mexico from El Paso, Juarez is not a good border crossing. DH was born and raised there, and i lived there for a good many years before we got married. So if you want to know anything specific about it just let me know.

I will miss you SOS...

8. Banned
    Banned
    my brother and ex df are both stationed there, and i love visiting there! its a great area. and i dont recommend going to mexico..it's a really dangerous city there. i've heard of too many girls getting raped and killed.
  9. Senior Member
    We're *unfortunately* stationed here. My DH isn't field artillery, but his unit is in charge of the AIT stuff here. It's not HORRIBLE here... I mean I'm sure there's worse places to be, but it does suck here in my opinion. The housing is crappy (well, most of it anyways, unless you're an officer)... we actually got a house here and had to refuse it due to black mold and lead problems (basically I refused to keep my children in a home with both of those problems as bad as they were). The atmosphere on base is nice, it's small (which is a nice change of pase from El Paso), and everyone seems friendly enough. If you have any questions you can PM me.. hope that all helped!

10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Yeah, don't go to Mexico! I've heard that's a BAAAAD idea.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast