Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are First Time PCS' ment to kill you??

1. Senior Member

Nutts Are First Time PCS' ment to kill you??

Advertisements
    ARGGG This is so dang confusing... So, DH was able to get his RTD and they are completing the paperwork today then he is to report to Ft. Hood by Friday... (Woo-Hoo) But they told him because he is leaving his "training base" he can not apply for his Travel Advances there, he has to apply for them when he arrives at his new duty station!!!! WTCrap??? I told him well it will be a while till we move then because we have to wait for the Travel Advances before we move because we cant even afford the gas to get you home after checking in!!!! Oh well, I guess this is my first taste of what PCS' will be like..... This turned into more of a vent so sorry ladies, thanks for listening...
  2. Kym
    I don't know how it is for each branch but the Navy you can request advance pay and they give you 80% up front and then you file the travel claims to determine if you get anymore back. If people had to foot the bill upfront no one would be moving with their AD member.
    KYM
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kym View Post
    I don't know how it is for each branch but the Navy you can request advance pay and they give you 80% up front and then you file the travel claims to determine if you get anymore back. If people had to foot the bill upfront no one would be moving with their AD member.
    Yeah, we can request advance pay but not till he actually arrives at his "new" duty station!! Thats what upsets me.. I wanted to receive it from his "training" base so we could start getting ready for the move and not have to wait for it after he does in-processing at Ft. Hood.... Oh well,
  4. Lizieneuf
    dh had to be reimbursed too.. it sucked.
  5. Banned
    Banned
    YES!!!! I believe they are designed that way-- lol

just hold on and try to do everything you can to survive it-- with the knowledge that every PCS AFTER the first you will consider a breeze!!
  6. Senior Member
    i hope that you get to move ASAP
  7. Nikolai is here!!
    Nikolai is here!!
    Awww I'm sorry hun. That sucks. As a side note I read your title for this thread out loud and my DH kept reading his cookbook but randomly replied "yes, yes they are"
    Gearing up for deployment #2
  8. Senior Member
    Even though the government moved us we still had to travel cross country to get to our new duty station. We used up our entire savings and are still trying to recover from it even though we finally got reimbursed.
  9. Senior Member
    Just know, that PCS's do get easier. The 1st one is always stressful and confusing. We've all been in your shoes. Hang in there. You'll get through this!
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casadorra View Post
    Awww I'm sorry hun. That sucks. As a side note I read your title for this thread out loud and my DH kept reading his cookbook but randomly replied "yes, yes they are"
    LOL LOL That is hilarous!! Thanks you made my day!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast