Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: hmmmmm.....

1. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Big Grin hmmmmm.....

Advertisements
    So DH just put in his re-enlistment package and was looking at JASS. Japan, Guam, Bahrain and crap loads of IA tours are all that are avail. Japan and Guam are out, because they will block Gabe from going. He called the detailer because the of IA thing that the command wants to do soon. He told him of our situation with Gabe and all that. He asked to talk to DH's Chief. He isnt going IA soon. But, the detailer is going to pencil him in for Bahrain. So tentatively, DH is going to Bahrain for 1 year in Nov. But I will take that over IA driving convoys in Iraq any day.

I am just so excited that he gets to stay in Plus, the detailer said with DH taking those orders, before he leaves he can pick whatever base he wants for orders after that and that those orders will be cut before he leaves for Bahrain
  2. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Bahrain is actually a very decent place to be stuck. DH didn't mind it much at all when he was there for 6 months. Plus with all the extra pay, it will be great. He can also call you DSN at the call center to save some $$..

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

3. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaMc424 View Post
    Bahrain is actually a very decent place to be stuck. DH didn't mind it much at all when he was there for 6 months. Plus with all the extra pay, it will be great. He can also call you DSN at the call center to save some $$..
    Yea. I told DH that I would deal with 1 year in Bahrain than 6 months in Iraq any day. The kids and I will still pack up and move in with my SIL for that year. Help her out and I could get his car and good chunck of my van paid off that way.
  4. Senior Member
    My DH was in Bahrain for a year. It wasn't that bad. We got web cams and we where able to talk to each other everyday.
  5. Proud Seabee wife!
    Proud Seabee wife!
    Is the Bahrain thing actually considered an IA det? Cause DH is looking at all his choices now and they so far are mainly IA stuff.
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aelsass View Post
    Is the Bahrain thing actually considered an IA det? Cause DH is looking at all his choices now and they so far are mainly IA stuff.
    No it was seperate. But DH's detailer is having a hard time filling it, so he pretty much gave DH a choice, IA for 6 months or Bahrain for a year.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Bahrain is good, plus being a one yr unaccompanied, he should be able to negotiate for his follow on of his choice - usually choice of coast. Tax free, plus fam sep pay for 11 of the 12 months, don't know if it is considered imm danger, but you will save a TON of money, not to mention it will look good on his evals, etc.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flangl18 View Post
    Bahrain is good, plus being a one yr unaccompanied, he should be able to negotiate for his follow on of his choice - usually choice of coast. Tax free, plus fam sep pay for 11 of the 12 months, don't know if it is considered imm danger, but you will save a TON of money, not to mention it will look good on his evals, etc.
    That is what he is going for. In that one year I can get us completely out of debt except for 5 grand on my car loan and the normal monthly bills that you cant avoid. So that will be very good
  9. Senior Member
    Oh I would give DH up for a year to pay off all my debts I'm glad you guys are getting something that you can be happy about, Donna!
    Needs work.
  10. Doin' It All On My Own...
    Doin' It All On My Own...