Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: we pcsed to shitty housing?

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Help we pcsed to shitty housing?

Advertisements
    So we moved to Ft. Leonard Wood in September, they are renovating the post with all new housing, which has been going on for 1-2 years i think. They still put us in the shitty old housing, which means when they do demolition on our street I will have to move AGAIN, and probably when dh is in Iraq. Well we went to a benefit last night for a going away party, i dunno, anyway we were sitting at a table and the Captain of the company comes over to our table and asks how we were, etc. Well he starts asking how we like FLW, and whether we got a new house, or one of the old crappy ones, and when we told him we got the old ones, he frowned and was like well that is not right, anyone pcsing onto this post is supposed to get new housing, and he seemed generally concerned that we got the old housing and said he would check into moving us monday because it wasn't correct. WELL finally to my question.. sorry : If he doesn't talk to housing monday about moving us, is there anything I can do to get us moved into the new housing? Has anyone ever dealt with this before? Because like the Cpt. said the old housing is barely livable...thnx in advance

2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    You can call housing and ask them about it. I would think it would depend on how long you will be staying in crap housing. If you are going to be moving by yourself then I would be bugging them about it. Mention to them that the captain of your dh's unit was telling you that anyone PCSing was supposed to get new housing.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    You can call housing and ask them about it. I would think it would depend on how long you will be staying in crap housing. If you are going to be moving by yourself then I would be bugging them about it. Mention to them that the captain of your dh's unit was telling you that anyone PCSing was supposed to get new housing.
    I agree!
  4. ProudNavyWife23
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    I agree with rosebud. I would definily call the housing and bug them until they do something about it.