Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving/Packing Question...

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Question Moving/Packing Question...

Advertisements
    The movers will be packing us up Feb. 4th-Feb. 6th but in the meantime, I've been in a reverse "nesting" mode such as things that I know we won't need for awhile, etc. I have been boxing up and putting it into our storage. It also frees up some room in our townhome until the move. My question is...when the movers come to pack up the things in our storage, will they unbox what I've boxed up and rebox it in order to inventory what they're packing?

Me (Nurse Friday) & My Hubby (Chief Friday)

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I have things that stayed boxed up like certain books, dh's comic books and ofcourse the Christmas stuff and the never opened those up.
    Best thing to do is to write on the outside what it is
  3. Sorry Ms.Jackson, I am for real................
    Sorry Ms.Jackson, I am for real................
    when we moved the first time, i made the mistake of boxing everything up. (i felt bad, and didnt feel it was their responsibility.) anyways, they unpacked everything and repacked it into their boxes. I guess I just made it worse.

My beautiful Children

Maria
  4. Kym
    Our moving company just told us that if it is in totes then they will either put the tote in a box if it will fit or wrap it in brown moving paper and label it. As for if it is in boxes already, they will usually unpack it and repack it in their own boxes. It all depends on the moving company too. You should call your moving company and ask though. Did you have a person come out yet and do a survey of the property to determine how many boxes they will need???
    KYM
  5. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    Ours they left everything boxed, but we had to sign an agreement not to hold them liable for thigns they did not pack themselves.
  6. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    unless the box is ripped or they suspect mice or the like they will keep it in the original box. However sometimes they might tell you that since they didn't pack it if anything breaks from it they won't take responsibility for it.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kym View Post
    Our moving company just told us that if it is in totes then they will either put the tote in a box if it will fit or wrap it in brown moving paper and label it. As for if it is in boxes already, they will usually unpack it and repack it in their own boxes. It all depends on the moving company too. You should call your moving company and ask though. Did you have a person come out yet and do a survey of the property to determine how many boxes they will need???
    They haven't come out to survey yet. They approved our requested move dates though. Do I need to call them to set up a time? This is my first move so I'm clueless. Usually how soon before the actual move do they come out to survey?

8. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by missnursey View Post
    They haven't come out to survey yet. They approved our requested move dates though. Do I need to call them to set up a time? This is my first move so I'm clueless. Usually how soon before the actual move do they come out to survey?
    it does depend on the company, mine waited till the day before they were scheduled to come pack me out to do a survey, which I couldn't because I had other stuff to do. They usually will call you to come do a survey you rarely have to call and ask them to do it.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    it does depend on the company, mine waited till the day before they were scheduled to come pack me out to do a survey, which I couldn't because I had other stuff to do. They usually will call you to come do a survey you rarely have to call and ask them to do it.
    Okay cool. No phone call yet. If I don't hear from them in a week or two, I'll give them a call to check.

10. Kym
    They came out 7 weeks before hand
    KYM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast