Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signing a lease when they are training

1. BJo
    Banned
    Banned

Signing a lease when they are training

Advertisements
    So I am moving from Seattle to Ft. Lewis(close to it Tacoma etc.). I won't move until my lease is up in April and he gets back from Ranger school but how do they sign a lease if they are gone for training? How does all of that work? I am completely ignorant to this and just want to be prepared.
  2. .x.MiSS.LADi.x.
    If you have POA you could do it for him....only thing i can think of ?
  3. Senior Member
    As far as I know... the only way to do it is to have a power of attorney for him so that you can sign it. Otherwise... I guess see if you can sign the lease and have him sign when he gets home. Just not sure if they will do that or not! Sorry!

4. Senior Member
    Talk with the company that manages your property. They might allow you to do something different since he is in training especially if it is close to a base, because I'm sure that they see it often. Maybe they'd let him mail in his side of it and then you sign a copy also or something along those lines. Talk with the company, I'm sure your not the first person to need help in how to do that.
  5. Senior Member
    You said he is coming back from Ranger School in April. Is there anytime before Ranger School starts that he can get you a POA, for the signing of a lease? I know Ranger School is only 62 days long, so I figured he had not started yet. Maybe he could get you a POA and mail it to you?
  6. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    POA is the best way to go.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

7. Loving my sailor!
    Loving my sailor!
    POA all the way!
  8. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    He is in Ranger school right now and won't be done until mid-march-or late march. We have absolutely no contact right now other than a call every 3 weeks or so. So it kind of puts me in a bind. We aren't married but we are moving very close to base so I am hoping this is something that will get a little understanding.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by BrittanyJo View Post
    He is in Ranger school right now and won't be done until mid-march-or late march. We have absolutely no contact right now other than a call every 3 weeks or so. So it kind of puts me in a bind. We aren't married but we are moving very close to base so I am hoping this is something that will get a little understanding.
    I know with my apartment I had to prove we were married in order for me to do anything for the apartment, we have friends who are dating and living together here and anytime ANYTHING needs to be talked about or done for the apartment both people have to be there. So that might be an issue for you too, it sucks but its how some places are
  10. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrittanyJo View Post
    If you aren't married you can still get a POA for say lease signing. It can specifically just for that. Since it won't be until april that you will be moving down there, he can get one drawn up. Like I said it doesn't have to be a general, but it can be apartment specific. For instance it can say something to the effect of you have the right to sign his name to the lease and talk to them in his absence like he is there. make sense?

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast