Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: AIT...can we live with him?

1. Senior Member

AIT...can we live with him?

Advertisements
    We are married, is there any chance we can live with him during AIT...done with BCT on the 25th...or do we have to wait to he gets his duty station?

Thanks...
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    if his AIT is over the specified amount of time of 180 days then yes family gets to move with him. and the army will pay to move you, if it is less then technically you can move there with him but at your own cost and they will not move you from there to his next duty station. make sense?

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    if his AIT is over the specified amount of time of 180 days then yes family gets to move with him. and the army will pay to move you, if it is less then technically you can move there with him but at your own cost and they will not move you from there to his next duty station. make sense?
    Ok, ya makes sence....thanks...when he does get his orders for duty station, how long do we have to move and at army's dime?
  4. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLA View Post
    Ok, ya makes sence....thanks...when he does get his orders for duty station, how long do we have to move and at army's dime?
    You will probably get your orders about 2-3 weeks before school is over, it depends sometimes earlier sometimes later. and yes the army will pay to move you.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    My husband's AIT is 6 months and HIS COMMAND originally told me if we moved here he could live with me once we completed an off-post living packet and we did that the first month he was here and they STILL will not allow him to live with me or even spend the night on the weekend. They have to grant permission for him to live off post, and they don't like to do all the paper work, so even if you complete your end they still may not complete their end and it won't happen. We are now at the end... he has 3 weeks of classes left. Due to us bothering them with the off-post packet, now we still haven't gotten orders. I am glad I didn't have to move far, but I will have to move myself to our next duty station wherever it may be. If the orders do not say accompanied and you move there, they will not be willing to help you with anything...at least this has been my experience, probably depends on the command, but ours is not working with us at all.
    My hubby is also Army, so...
    Katie- Mommy to Kylee 10-30-05 (loving big sister, Ms. independent, intelligent, princess) and Auriana 09-17-08 (miracle baby with down syndrome, heart defects, hearing impairment, digestive problems, tube fed since birth, but determined to succeed, strong, loving, happy)

Ask me about Congenital Heart Defects... 1 in 100, it could be your child...

Ask me about Down Syndrome... more common than you think...

Wife to a Disabled Army Veteran... been there, done that, moving on
  6. Senior Member
    Well I probably shouldn't say this but my husband is also in the army In AIT as well right now I lived in MAine for the first few weeks and than I moved down to VA to be with him I havent changed my address or anything from ME so no one really knows im here I just really havent gotten around to it and I still have a P.O. box there so all of our mail still goes there and I travel to Maine quite a bit to see my family so techically i have two homes lol and he graduates the 13th of FEB and than we move I think it was defiantly worth moving here I see him every weekend and most weekends he has gold pass so I pick him up on friday and he stays with me until sunday at 10pm every base is different and every training is different this is just my experiance but I will tell you this it is very expensive
    Mrs. Samantha Northway