Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: housing question

1. Senior Member

housing question

Advertisements
    Here's a question I just thought of for a little bit down the line. If db gets off-base housing at his first permanent duty station, (which we're told is a possibility since he has a ds who could potentially stay with him), would I be able to live with him if we're not married yet, or is that a big no? I guess it ultimately doesn't matter since we plan on getting married in a year or so, but it would be nice since we lived together before he left for Navy boot camp.
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    off base housing yes. however for him to qualify as an Enothing to get off base housing he would have to have custody of his son/have him for 6 months or more out of the year. does that make sense. also if he had custody or the like then he would qualify for base housing as well.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    off base housing yes. however for him to qualify as an Enothing to get off base housing he would have to have custody of his son/have him for 6 months or more out of the year. does that make sense. also if he had custody or the like then he would qualify for base housing as well.
  4. Senior Member
    Thanks ladies! It sucks, though, because he definitely doesn't have his son that much. Oh well, it will all work out. I have to keep making myself believe that.
  5. Senior Member
    My DH (then DF) moved off base and in with me when we were not married. He was an E3 at the time and had to get permission from his command. He didn't have any kids of his own and they let him live off base.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    if he is in A school he needs permission and there is a good chance they will say no if he is in great lakes i know they will say no if he isn't married and there is room in the barracks. but there is nothing saying that if he gets overnight liberty he can't go and stay with you and there is no rule saying where you can and can't live either. but if he has family at his school then he is more likely to beable to live out in town with them. it depends on the command though he will need to get permission though. good luck.
  7. Kat
    stand barefooted in my own front yard with a baby on my hip
    stand barefooted in my own front yard with a baby on my hip
    Quote Originally Posted by dannysgirl004 View Post
    My DH (then DF) moved off base and in with me when we were not married. He was an E3 at the time and had to get permission from his command. He didn't have any kids of his own and they let him live off base.
    I think she was talking about off base "housing". Not just moving off base.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I think she was talking about off base "housing". Not just moving off base.
    Ohhh sorry. Her SO wouldn't qualify for off-base housing without being married or having joint custody of his ds right? Here when we applied for housing after we were married for my kids to be considered for the size of our house we had to have them over 90% of the time.
  9. Senior Member
    But he could possibly get permission to live off base with me (if it's not military housing)????? That would be great. It doesn't have to be specifically military housing, I guess, does it? Anyway, I'm sorry, I guess I'm just new to how all this housing stuff works.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    It all depends on what base and what rank. Some bases you have to be atleast a E-3 to move downtown. Otherwise it is the dorms
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast