Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PCS' Help!!

1. Senior Member

Shocked PCS' Help!!

Advertisements
    Ok, I know I seem to be asking the same question here but I'm so confused... Reading the militaryhomefront.dod I understand that since we are moving from our HOME to our FIRST PCS we DO NOT receive DLA???? WTC?? Maybe I'm just reading it incorrectly... Here it is.... Thanks for your input ladies... Any other help in this PCS is Greatly Appreciated!!!

Dislocation Allowance (DLA): is intended to help with miscellaneous moving costs. In general, it is paid once per PCS move. DLA is available CONUS and OCONUS. It is based on your rank and dependent status. DLA is not available from home to your first duty station; when assigned to government quarters, without family members, at new duty station; when transferred to a nearby duty station, unless a local move of household goods has been pre-authorized; and when separating or retiring from the military.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    that is correct you don't get it, you only get it when you PCS to PCS
    Last edited by *Dawn*; 01-05-2008 at 01:43 PM. Reason: can't spell..lol
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Dawnie~ View Post
    that is correct you don't get it, you only get it when you PCS to PCS
    Oh Crap!! What are we supposed to move with then??? His orders state that the family is allowed to move with him at the Army's expense, is this like the unless a local move of household goods has been pre-authorized;??
  4. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    you will get travel money. DLA is dislocation allowance. then there is also your travel which goes by dependent and mileage so you will get some upfront travel pay.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Read the entire statement please.

You don't get DLA when assigned to government quarters, without family members, at new duty station
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    Read the entire statement please.

You don't get DLA when assigned to government quarters, without family members, at new duty station
    OMG!!! this is totally wrong!!!!

from the JFTR:

A. Member with Dependents. A member with dependents is authorized a DLA when dependents:

1. Relocate in connection with a PCS,

2. Move in connection with the closure or realignment of a military installation (see par. U5630-B12),

3. Move to a designated place incident to an evacuation (IAW pars. U6012 and U6059), or

4. As otherwise authorized in this Part.

B. Member without Dependents. A member without dependents is authorized DLA when:

1. Relocated in connection with a PCS to a PDS where Government quarters are not assigned, or

2. Ordered to, and actually does, move in connection with the closure or realignment of a U.S. Installation. See par. U5630-B12.

1. From home or from PLEAD to first PDS unless the dependents actually move from the member’s residence to the PDS or designated place ICW the PCS (if the dependents do not relocate to the new PDS, or the member has no dependents, DLA is not authorized from home or PLEAD to the first PDS);

the only time GOV units come into play is when they are single-- otherwise DLA is payable for ALL PCSes unless it is 2 in one fiscal yr and then are waivers for that.

IN addtion ---- from the FAQ section of the JFTR:

Q6: Am I entitled to DLA when moving from my home of record to my first duty station?

A6: By law there is no DLA allowance when the PCS is from your home (or the place from which you entered active duty) to your first permanent duty station (PDS) unless your dependents actually move in connection with the PCS.

Q9: I'm making a PCS move but not moving my dependents. Am I eligible for DLA?

A9: Yes - as a general rule you receive DLA at the without-dependents rate if you don't occupy Government quarters at your new permanent duty station. Please see JFTR, Chapter 5, Part G for more information.
  7. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by myfirstbaby View Post
    Ok, I know I seem to be asking the same question here but I'm so confused... Reading the militaryhomefront.dod I understand that since we are moving from our HOME to our FIRST PCS we DO NOT receive DLA???? WTC?? Maybe I'm just reading it incorrectly... Here it is.... Thanks for your input ladies... Any other help in this PCS is Greatly Appreciated!!!

Dislocation Allowance (DLA): is intended to help with miscellaneous moving costs. In general, it is paid once per PCS move. DLA is available CONUS and OCONUS. It is based on your rank and dependent status. DLA is not available from home to your first duty station; when assigned to government quarters, without family members, at new duty station; when transferred to a nearby duty station, unless a local move of household goods has been pre-authorized; and when separating or retiring from the military.

this information is old and very outdated!!

please please refer to the JFTR for the latest up to date information-
    http://dodtravelregs.hqda.pentagon.m....htm?view=main
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsgirl View Post
    this information is old and very outdated!!

please please refer to the JFTR for the latest up to date information-
    http://dodtravelregs.hqda.pentagon.m....htm?view=main
    THANKS Dawn!!!! You have been a super great help!!
  9. Formerly Soldierswifey25
    Formerly Soldierswifey25
    You already got the right answer lol but just to make you feel better, you will get it . We got it and like the regs say you will get it with as long as the service member has dependents. We got our DLA money 10 days after we arrived at our Duty Station and, and My friend and her hubby applied for advance pay on there 1st pcs, so yes u will definitley get it.
  10. Senior Member

Jump for Joy

Quote Originally Posted by SoldiersWifey25 View Post
    You already got the right answer lol but just to make you feel better, you will get it . We got it and like the regs say you will get it with as long as the service member has dependents. We got our DLA money 10 days after we arrived at our Duty Station and, and My friend and her hubby applied for advance pay on there 1st pcs, so yes u will definitley get it.
    Thanks! It makes me feel tons better..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast