Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Moving Question

1. Senior Member

Moving Question

Advertisements
    When you PSC and TMO (i think that's the people who move you), move all your stuff, has any of your stuff ever gotten "lost"? DH and my stuff is on it's way to England - I had this awful nightmare that my favorite shoes and clothes got stolen/lost... I know, sounds retarded, but now I'm curious. If it does get lost, how do you go about making claims for it? Does it take long to get reimbursed?
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    they have lost an entire box once. they tell you how to make a claim just DON"T SIGN ANYTHING if they lost a box, or make sure that it is noted. if you sign that you got everything ok you are screwed. You have i think 90 days to make a claim so you want to make sure you open everything to make sure nothing is missing too.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I had several boxes lost once and filled the claim out for them. The moving company settled with me and sent me a check, then about a year later found the boxes. I could get them back and give back the money or keep the money. Of course by then I had spent the money and the stuff was clothes and tupperware, so nothing irreplaceable.
  4. Senior Member
    Yup, we've had stuff lost, and broken too. You just make a claim and they reimburse you.
  5. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    When we moved from Keesler, the moving company was telling me all these moving nightmares. A truck got hijacked once, one driver parked for the night to sleep at a hotel & woke up & the trailer portion of his truck was gone. They found it months later burned up.
    DH's former LPO lost EVERYTHING - the moving company said they "misplaced it" - they never did find it .

We've only done 1 military move (the rest were full DITYs) and thankfully nothing bad happened! Everything arrived safe.

As Rosebud said, don't sign if you're missing ANYTHING!

6. Banned
    Banned
    We have been very lucky - through three moves we have had minimal damages, one or two small items that were "lost" and we actually ended up GAINING a broom in the last move, lol.
  7. Senior Member

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Miss B Hav'n View Post
    We have been very lucky - through three moves we have had minimal damages, one or two small items that were "lost" and we actually ended up GAINING a broom in the last move, lol.
    How The Heck do they loose things much less Gain things???? WOW!!! We are moving only 8 hours away should I be concerned that things wont make it?? How Crazy...... Kinda scared now.....
  8. Senior Member
    We have had a couple of things lost (nothing that was too important). I had a vanity get damaged. It had a big 1/2 deep scratch on it. I don't know how that happened. That was back when you just got some money for it. Now they have to give you the whole value (thank god). The reason they loss or gain stuff is that your stuff is usually put into a big trailer with 3 other families and shipped together. Then if you aren't ready for it, it goes into storage. Then when you are ready, they take it out and bring it to you. They have several chances to get it mixed in with someone else's stuff!
  9. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!

It doesn't take long at all to get reimbursed for the claims. Sometimes, the moving company will settle with you too!!!