Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: he wants me in Italy with him what do I do???

1. jesspaige

Big Grin he wants me in Italy with him what do I do???

Advertisements
    well i have been up since 2 a.m., took him to the airport and now he is going back to VA. This really sucks! When he was home the only thing that he kept telling me is that he would do whatever it takes to get me to go to Italy with him. He knows that I would do anything for him and be there for him. I want to go so bad! Well, since we are only dating was is it going to take to be able to be there with him. He doesn't leave until the end of feb. or beginning of march but still if you think about it, it isn't much time. One of the guys that he was talking to said that we would have to get married as soon as we can but since we didn't do it when he was home now we have no clue what to do. I mean he is going to be in 3 different states in the next 8 weeks and they are all so far from me. I don't know what we can do to make it happen!! Please someone help me!!
  2. Senior Member
    I think you'd have to get married. Otherwise the move and rent while you are there would be out of pocket and you wouldn't even be able to get on base without him. I am not even sure they'd let him live of base unless he was married. I could be wrong about all this though. I am sure many of the other ladies can give you a better answer. Where at in Italy? I was in Naples for a year.
  3. jesspaige
    I am not sure how to spell it but Venchenzo I think!
  4. Senior Member
    MIght want to consider getting married. I personally wouldn't move overseas for a man w/o a ring. My perrogative. I've heard mixed things about Italy. If you post in OCONUS forum that's where all the overseas wives are you can get more Italy info. We are in Virginia (VA Beach) if you need any info, help, just PM me.

Amanda

***FOLLOW YOUR HEART AND USE YOUR HEAD**** with this situation. Love, Amanda

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  5. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    Moving overseas is rough, even as a wife. My husband and I got married and moved to italy 2 weeks later. He'll probably be a Vincenza, it's the main army base in Italy.

Honestly....make sure he is the one for you, then get married...you can always follow him in 6 months or more after you get married. Even if he is not due to leave for 3 months, you more than likely would not be able to go with him immediately because of getting in DEERS, getting a no-fee passport, getting the visa, etc.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    You could stay with him in Italy for up to 3 months without a visa (under the WVP) and see how it goes. If you do that, it would be easier on you if he got off-base housing, as he'd have to sign you in every time you went on base. You could also look into getting married in Italy and doing the paperwork there to enable you to stay.
  7. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    I think you'd have to get married. Otherwise the move and rent while you are there would be out of pocket and you wouldn't even be able to get on base without him. I am not even sure they'd let him live of base unless he was married. I could be wrong about all this though. I am sure many of the other ladies can give you a better answer. Where at in Italy? I was in Naples for a year.
    I think thats right.
  8. turning heads since 1988 XD
    turning heads since 1988 XD
    Quote Originally Posted by jesspaige View Post
    I am not sure how to spell it but Venchenzo I think!
    you mean Vicenza?
    My db is stationed there ( deployed now though) and you would most likely have to be married. It would be really expensive, and when i was there it seemed like the locals didn't like americans too much.. but it might be different for other people. But I agree that I wouldn't move over there unless I was married.

9. jesspaige
    thanks everyone but i think we have decided that we are going to get married. I am just going to meet him in Georgia when he is there and we are going to do it. So 6 weeks to plan!!
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jesspaige View Post
    thanks everyone but i think we have decided that we are going to get married. I am just going to meet him in Georgia when he is there and we are going to do it. So 6 weeks to plan!!
    get crackin. that's like NO time , holy cow!! and congrads , Amanda

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast