Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: No clue ...

1. Regular Member

No clue ...

Advertisements

Hello All,

Im really in need of some advice and am wondering if you could assist? Hmm where do i start ...

Im British, Tony is American Army. We get married in California 8th Feb and then he goes back to Baumholder, Germany before deploying sometime in March. I live in London at the moment. Now heres the questions .... he asked me last night why im not moving to Germany after marriage, honestly i hadnt thought of and i dont think its that easy to just do. I mean im foreign arent i? I dont think i just get to move anywhere, i know these are things we should have thought about before. Its just we are so in love and we have concentrated on that and just being happy as opposed to anything after the wedding.

Has anyone had experiences of anything like this or could offer me any advice at all?

Many thanks in advance and thank you for reading

Dawn
    xxx
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    A friend of mine is a mexican citizen and married an america. I believe you get a green card and then you can go whereever he goes. It is like making you a citizen.

I would have your DH contact someone in his command and let them know. After you are married you become his dependent and get on his orders. Then you can transfer with him if you want.

GL
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    i dont know anything about the citizenship and those things... but consider if you'd want to move right away to germany if he is deploying soon after. some people could handle that, others could not.. so it's something to think about. good luck!
  4. Senior Member
    Here are some useful information for ya

http://www.london.diplo.de/Vertretun...on__seite.html
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    A friend of mine is a mexican citizen and married an america. I believe you get a green card and then you can go whereever he goes. It is like making you a citizen.

I would have your DH contact someone in his command and let them know. After you are married you become his dependent and get on his orders. Then you can transfer with him if you want.

GL
    Having a Greencard doesn't make you a US-citizen
  6. Senior Member
    if he is deploying in 3 months, you could just move there temporarily and then go back to london...i don't know why 3 months would be a problem, even you are "foreign" i don't think you need any special documents for such a short period of time...

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    i dont know anything about the citizenship and those things... but consider if you'd want to move right away to germany if he is deploying soon after. some people could handle that, others could not.. so it's something to think about. good luck!
    Very good point. Good luck!