Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: 2 personal property/moving questions

1. Member

2 personal property/moving questions

Advertisements
    1. If you have items in an off-site but local storage facility will the movers pick those up also or do you need to bring those items back to the house?

2. If you have items already in plastic totes/boxes say in an attic or shed, do the movers repack those into their own boxes or leave them as you have them already?

Thanks!
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Navycakes View Post
    1. If you have items in an off-site but local storage facility will the movers pick those up also or do you need to bring those items back to the house?
    You have to get those to your house. You can ask for a 2nd pick up but it might cost you.

2. If you have items already in plastic totes/boxes say in an attic or shed, do the movers repack those into their own boxes or leave them as you have them already?
    If they are boxes and taped up - they'll take them as is but they'll mark them owner packed, not carrier packed which means if somethings damaged they won't be covered. We have several boxes like that and what I do is untape them and open them, ask them to check them before they tape them up then they mark them carrier packed.

Rubbermaid containers/plastic containers they usually just tape those shut and mark them like a box.

I personally always make sure any of that stuff is packed very well b/c they don't repack it unless you specifically ask them to.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    you will have to bring your stuff from storage.

as for boxes and totes== they are now repacking all of them- and most companies are now removing items and packing in boxes-

I had to beg for them not to repack my grandmothers China and our christmas totes-

but everything else they unpacked and repacked..

this is all to the new regulations that went into effect I believe in april or MAy...
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    When we transferred up here two years ago, anything that was pkged was repkged. It was weird but that is the way they have to do it. It is a liability thing. Now, it could be different from base to base too.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz