Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: So Confused... Natural Gas?

1. Loving Life in Paradise!
    Loving Life in Paradise!
    Blog Entries

So Confused... Natural Gas?

Advertisements
    According to the listing for the house we are buying, the heat is fueled by Natural Gas. Only the Natural Gas company says there is no meter there for them to turn on. So now they are doing an availability check in the area to see if they can hook one up. Which I'm not interested in. I just want to be able to turn on the heat when we get there.

So I'm guessing it's electric, which isn't a big deal. Except for the thermostat is new, and dh seems to remember that he could only turn on the electric coil back up - he assumed because the gas was off since the house was empty. So I know the full-fledged heat won't work right now, and we didn't think it was a problem until now. I asked hubby if he remembered being shown a gas meter or anything like it during our inspection, and he said he only remembers an electric meter.

I asked the agent to investigate - and she hasn't figured anything out yet.

I'm not thrilled about moving into a house without heat!

Any ideas what else I could try so I could figure it out?
  2. Loving Life in Paradise!
    Loving Life in Paradise!
    Blog Entries
    I guess on Monday I can just figure it out myself since we'll be there in the afternoon, and hopefully get something working.

Never mind... I'm just thinking outloud. Well, you know what I mean.

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Have you talked to the selling agent or is that who you guys are using as well??
    She/he should know this the way I see it, if not she/he should contact the seller as they should know.

Another thought is that maybe the house is natural gas ready and is still on electric heat with the option for the buyer to hook up natural gas if they want that instead??

Does your hubby remember seeing a gas furnace thing?? I can take a pic of mine and you can show it to him to see if he remembers seeing anything like it.

Other than that the best possible thing is to find out from the seller or the selling agent as they should know what is going on with all of that