Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Recruiting duty

1. Banned
    Banned

Shock Recruiting duty

Advertisements
    Pros & cons please.. I know he'll be gone A LOT. but besides that?!?!?! This is what he got from the detailer:

BU1,

You are getting closer to your window. Are you interested in recruiting
    up Buffalo still? Let me know.

R/
    Of course my dh is interested... That would put us closer to his dd and his family. His parents are in poor health. There are some more pros for me, that I don't want to get into right now, but financially it would be an AWESOME move... the COL is CHEAP!!!

So any thoughts would be appreciated!
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    hmmm... well it does all depend on the station he will be at. not to mention the RINC and zone sup.
    Expect long hours, at least 2 working saturdays a month ( especially if they are a super busy station)
    To me it's just like sea duty and he is constantly on work ups. the difference is yes he does come home every night, and i see him more in the mornings. put the stress on him ( for us) is just crazy.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. It's YOUR choice
    It's YOUR choice
    It really depends on a lot....size of the station, RINC, zone sup. If he likes talking to people, kids and parents, and if he doesnt get discouraged easily he will do better. If you are supportive and flexible its easier on the whole family.

Recuiting is very easy for my husband. He got awards nearly every month for 3 years. They only worked the last Saturday of the month if they had not reached goal yet. He worked extended hours about 1 day a week. The other 4 days he worked from 3 to 5 hours.

What made it longer hours in Amarillo is that some of his area is 3 hours away. He didnt mind the drive, it was either nice quiet time alone or he would make his follow up calls.

Someone once said "my husband cant do it because he doenst like to lie" Well, dont lie. I'm sure those kids will appreciate it. No reason to not be honest.

chances are you will be away from the military community. That can be difficult when you are used to the services. You MIGHT have up to 10 other families there. If you need more military support I suggest you get to know the army, air force, and Marine families. They are in the same situation.

Its great that he could set his own schedule. As long as he made goal no one care when he worked. He could make every dr appt, school function, and any other thing I put on his schedule

I'm so glad to be going back. He will be RINC and not recruiter. I am a little nervous about what that might bring but excited to be going back home.

Make the rules you need to make it work. For instance, if the phone calls bother you make the rule he needs to step outside to take the call. If family dinners are important to you tell him he must be home for dinner at 6 every night and then he can go back to work if he needs to, Except for Tuesdays because dd has dance and you are going to treat her every Tuesday to a dinner with just the 2 of you. Or something along those lines. It is managable.

YOU have to control it. Do NOT let it control you. Know what is important for him to be at and what you are willing to let him be absent for.
    Freedom and Liberty require Service and Sacrifice
  4. gss1981
    My DH is going recruiting soon. It's wonderful to hear when other people seem excited to do it. All I hear is bashing about recruiting. I'm looking at it with open eyes (and DH volunteered for it instead of being screened for it).
  5. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    It really depends on a lot....size of the station, RINC, zone sup. If he likes talking to people, kids and parents, and if he doesnt get discouraged easily he will do better. If you are supportive and flexible its easier on the whole family.

Recuiting is very easy for my husband. He got awards nearly every month for 3 years. They only worked the last Saturday of the month if they had not reached goal yet. He worked extended hours about 1 day a week. The other 4 days he worked from 3 to 5 hours.

What made it longer hours in Amarillo is that some of his area is 3 hours away. He didnt mind the drive, it was either nice quiet time alone or he would make his follow up calls.

Someone once said "my husband cant do it because he doenst like to lie" Well, dont lie. I'm sure those kids will appreciate it. No reason to not be honest.

chances are you will be away from the military community. That can be difficult when you are used to the services. You MIGHT have up to 10 other families there. If you need more military support I suggest you get to know the army, air force, and Marine families. They are in the same situation.

Its great that he could set his own schedule. As long as he made goal no one care when he worked. He could make every dr appt, school function, and any other thing I put on his schedule

I'm so glad to be going back. He will be RINC and not recruiter. I am a little nervous about what that might bring but excited to be going back home.

Make the rules you need to make it work. For instance, if the phone calls bother you make the rule he needs to step outside to take the call. If family dinners are important to you tell him he must be home for dinner at 6 every night and then he can go back to work if he needs to, Except for Tuesdays because dd has dance and you are going to treat her every Tuesday to a dinner with just the 2 of you. Or something along those lines. It is managable.

YOU have to control it. Do NOT let it control you. Know what is important for him to be at and what you are willing to let him be absent for.
    yeah what she said

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.