Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How detailed should my inventory be?

1. Loving Life in Paradise!
    Loving Life in Paradise!
    Blog Entries

Question How detailed should my inventory be?

Advertisements
    So I'm starting to work on the inventory - I hate doing this!

How detailed do you do your inventories? Like for instance, I've got a ton of books. Do you just write 'books', do you count them and right '383 books', or do you make an actual inventory of the books with all the titles?

Same question for DVD's, cd's, video games, etc.

For craft and sewing supplies, which probably add up to a lot of money, should I just write '6 drawers of craft supplies' or should it be more like '15 rubber stamps, 12 embossing patterns, 8 ink pads, blah blah blah."

TIA!
  2. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    Are you stalking for moving wise? Like to make sure there is nothing missing.
    I did this but it was for our insurance, I wanted to make sure we had everything. I didn't write every single details as name but we did count every single thing. I made different columns with
    *Electronics
    -DVD
    -Video Games
    *Scrapbook
    *kitchen
    *Master bedroom

Etc..
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    if the navy is moving us which they always have we right down the name and title of every movie/dvd we have and books including the kids we have so many that an entire box could be missing and its something like books we might not open it right away anyway. so on my DH's laptop we go through and make a list. the movers just put books. movies things like that
  4. Loving Life in Paradise!
    Loving Life in Paradise!
    Blog Entries
    So I'm not crazy to think we should right down everything?

Luckily, we have the list from the last move in '04, so I can just add to that. That time, we listed all the movies, but not the books because most of them were in storage in Maryland, so we moved them ourselves.

I guess I've got my work cut out for me tongight!

Thanks for the help ladies!
  5. Miss Puerto Rico
    Miss Puerto Rico
    hey better to be safe than sorry!
  6. Banned
    Banned
    Take pictures of things, as well. The bastards took apart my furniture. Yeah, as in unscrewed the table&chairs, computer desks, lamps, anything they could. Even the damn hamper. Then they didn't know how to put it back together when they delivered it.
  7. marilynnedayle
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKOSWIFEY View Post
    Take pictures of things, as well. The bastards took apart my furniture. Yeah, as in unscrewed the table&chairs, computer desks, lamps, anything they could. Even the damn hamper. Then they didn't know how to put it back together when they delivered it.
    They're supposed to put it back together! Did they tell you that they didn't have the "proper tools" to put them back together? Bullcrap. Next time you move you should say that if they don't find the tools or call their office for someone to bring the right tools then you won't sign off on it. That is what I was told from the Navy office that sets up our move. I hope they don't take apart everything... that would suck. I'd make them put all that crap back together. I moved everything down here in one piece myself, the best they can do is the same.

I'm personally moving the things I don't want them to touch. Like personal papers, pet supplies, bathroom supplies and some clothes. Also, I'm moving all my christmas presents with me. I think I have it a bit easier because I'm doing a Local Move.

I am totally taking pictures of things. I didn't realize it was a good idea to do a full inventory.
  8. It's YOUR choice
    It's YOUR choice
    I only detail things over $100

so for books, if its romance novels for example, I'd write books X 400 and take a pic, DVD's X 285 with a pic. I just group them.

but like the DVD player it gets the serial number, receipt, and everything.
    Freedom and Liberty require Service and Sacrifice
  9. marilynnedayle
    Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    I only detail things over $100

so for books, if its romance novels for example, I'd write books X 400 and take a pic, DVD's X 285 with a pic. I just group them.

but like the DVD player it gets the serial number, receipt, and everything.

That's a good idea. I think I'll go with that. That'll make it a bit easier on me! LOL.
  10. ~April~
    I would make a pretty discriptive list... just to be safe. You never know, you might end up something missing and without the list you may not know it's gone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast