Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: resources for USAF housing

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries

Confused resources for USAF housing

Advertisements
    Hey everyone,
    I've done some research on my own with unsatisfactory results and wondered if anyone on here might have some tips.

I saw from a post here that there is a 'go-to' site for Navy housing, with floorplans and descriptions. Does anyone know if the Air Force has a website like that?

We are getting married and PCSing in March, and it looks like it's gonna be base housing for a while unless we can find a good deal on a house. It's just that we are so far away...it would be nice to have an idea of what we could request.

Thanks in advance!
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Have you tried your base site?
  3. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

What base are you going to? I know that if you go to www.af.mil, then click on the "sites" button, you can locate your new base and then look for housing info. Some bases post their floor plans online and some don't. There are several AF SO's on here that may have lived at the base you are headed to and I know that most of us are more than willing to help! (I've lived at five different AF bases in my 8 years as an AF wife alone!)

ETA: I almost forgot about The AF Crossroads! http://www.afcrossroads.com/ They may have the info you're looking for as well.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Thanks you guys! I will check those out.
    It's Ellsworth AFB, and their housing site does not have detailed information--just general info about which housing areas are available to junior enlisted, senior enlisted, officers, etc.
    Thanks again!
  5. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

I think the reason they don't have detailed info is because they've recently rebuilt almost all of the housing on Ellsworth. We were stationed there until 2000 and when we drove through in '05, we didn't recognize much! I know that there is atleast one gal on SOS (she's in Little Rock now) just moved (within the past year) from Ellsworth. Good luck in your hunt!
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  6. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    if they are PPV sometimes the PPV site has that kind of housing info. I know that American Eagle or whatever it was called had pics and floor plans for all the housing it covered in Washington.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Thanks brentscrystal and rosebud, that helps a lot! Nice to hear that the housing has been rebuilt, too I think I may see if DF can try to get some information from his shop buddies as they PCS up there as well, give us an idea of what's there. Thanks again!
  8. gss1981
    Maybe contact the housing office. Sometimes, they can email or fax you floorplans and pictures. Hope this helps.
  9. primate
    We are also going to ellsworth and I can not find anything on the housing. Did you have any luck?
  10. Senior Member
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast