Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ft. Sill? Ft. Bliss?

1. .x.MiSS.LADi.x.

Exclamation Ft. Sill? Ft. Bliss?

Advertisements
    Have you ever been? Did you like it? Any info Id appreciate...DH is being told we might be going to one of those...b/c of his job.
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Ft Bliss that is my home town. El Paso is a larger city. mostly Hispanic, it's growing bigger all the time. There is plenty of stuff to do and if you like mountains you can drive about 2 hours and be in Cloudcroft or Ruidoso NM ( they have cherry picking in the summer time ) It's hot in the summer but not muggy, it is the desert. There are tons of places to shop and the commy and exchange are HUGE!! I am sure there are other things I just can't think of them at the moment. but PM me if you wanna know more.
    I don't know anything about Ft.Sill other than it's in Oklahoma.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. Banned
    Banned
    bliss is awesome!!! i love it there. you know that =]]]
    you'd have a lot of fun. i know i will!
  4. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by carlyd89 View Post
    bliss is awesome!!! i love it there. you know that =]]]
    you'd have a lot of fun. i know i will!
    wow I am shocked to find someone else that is from there.

I will miss you SOS...

5. Banned
    Banned
    yeah my fiance and brother are stationed there. so i'm there atleast twice a month. =] when we get married though i'll be there all the time!! well atleast until he gets assigned to go to japan. then we'll be in okinawa
  6. Senior Member
    I'm at Bliss, and I'm not particularly a fan of it here (off post... I do like it on post though, minus the crappy housing)... I think I'm just having a hard time with it because I'm from back east and I'm horribly homesick..lol. Ruidoso is BEAUTIFUL though... my husband has A LOT of family there, so we go up there a lot. I don't know about what all there is to do, mainly because at 8 months pregnant and chasing a 1 1/2 year old all day, I'd rather just sleep...lol... I think the other two ladies that replied would know more than me, but if you have any questions I'd be happy to try and answer them!

7. .x.MiSS.LADi.x.
    Quote Originally Posted by NCSoldiersWife View Post
    I'm at Bliss, and I'm not particularly a fan of it here (off post... I do like it on post though, minus the crappy housing)... I think I'm just having a hard time with it because I'm from back east and I'm horribly homesick..lol. Ruidoso is BEAUTIFUL though... my husband has A LOT of family there, so we go up there a lot. I don't know about what all there is to do, mainly because at 8 months pregnant and chasing a 1 1/2 year old all day, I'd rather just sleep...lol... I think the other two ladies that replied would know more than me, but if you have any questions I'd be happy to try and answer them!
    so you live off post? and you said on post is nice...why is the housing crappy? like what do you mean? im scared to move somewhere i know nothing about...as you can see lol
  8. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by MissAsadi View Post
    so you live off post? and you said on post is nice...why is the housing crappy? like what do you mean? im scared to move somewhere i know nothing about...as you can see lol
    the older parts are just run down, which you will find on every base. Plus there is housing all over town not just on post ( there is some near where my parents live and they live about 15-20 minutes outside the base area) El Paso itself is a city so there are city issues, traffic bad parts of town and what not. The zoo is awesome ( and super cheap for the yearly membership you can go as much as you want with that) there is an amusement park just outside the city, Western Playland. Anytime you move you just have to kind jump in and get lost so to speak. don't be afraid to explore wherever you are living. Look up El Paso on Google and you will find all kinds of info ( some good some bad) but you can see what the average cost of living is.

I will miss you SOS...

9. God Bless the USA
    God Bless the USA
    Blog Entries
    I will be at Ft Bliss for 2 weeks in June!!!!!!
    I'm Sara
    'Blessed is the man that maketh the Lord his trust'
    Psalm 40:4
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Joy of the Lord is my Strength
    Dear GOD, I didn't think orange went with purple until I saw the sunset you made on Tuesday. That was cool!

-Eugene
  10. Senior Member
    we live off post... we were recently going to get a house on post, but after we went and looked at our neighbor's house (my husband works with him), we decided against it... the neighborhood has black mold and lead problems... I don't think all the neighborhoods are that bad, but this one just happened to be... Plus they are so short on housing that the wait lists are REALLY long, but PCSing here would give you priority.. it did us anyways. You can check out any military bases housing (at least what they put up of it) at this website.... https://onestop.army.mil/armyonestop.asp?v=2 ... from what I hear if you do move here and want to live on base, don't go for the kelly park area (that's where we were going to move into) or the Logan Heights area... but the officer housing is AWESOME here! (didn't know if your hubby was an officer or not)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast