Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: PCS'ing Questions

1. .x.MiSS.LADi.x.

Nutts PCS'ing Questions

Advertisements
    So we'll be PCS'ing as soon as he gets out of training...
    After you get orders to go...
    THEN WHAT? lol

i dont wanna be this lost wife trying figure stuff out....
    You cant apply 4 Base housing til you get to the location? wtf?!@#
    where do you live til they get you in...a hotel?

what if he's going to iraq right after we move? does it matter...or- do we still just stay in a hotel with or without him til they get us in?

IM SOOO SCARED!
    Do they give you money to stay in a hotel til they get you a place?

ANY advice would help me out alot!!!
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    i don't know about the army but i know in the navy you can apply for housing as soon as you have writen orders, you can't move up on the list until you have detached from the previous command so from his school. sometimes there is no wait at all Great Lakes used to be walk in and get a house that day. that is what we did and well all our neighbors. but yes once you have orders you apartment hunt and request a welcome package from the base he will be attached to. again i don't know about the army but the navy has a sponser program and someone from his unit for the navy ship will contact you or he can contact them with any questions he has. you can call your local PSD and they can help you set up your move normally its done on line but you do need his orders to do it with and then the movers contact you and it goes from there. if you have his orders call the base housing office and see what they can do for you.. good luck
  3. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Quote Originally Posted by MissAsadi View Post
    So we'll be PCS'ing as soon as he gets out of training...
    After you get orders to go...
    THEN WHAT? lol

i dont wanna be this lost wife trying figure stuff out....
    You cant apply 4 Base housing til you get to the location? wtf?!@#
    where do you live til they get you in...a hotel?

what if he's going to iraq right after we move? does it matter...or- do we still just stay in a hotel with or without him til they get us in?

IM SOOO SCARED!
    Do they give you money to stay in a hotel til they get you a place?

ANY advice would help me out alot!!!
    depending on the base you can sometimes get on the list once you have orders. depending on the wait some people will stay in an hotel or get an apartment if it is too long a wait. They don't "pay" you if you live in a hotel, but you will continue to get your BAH while you are waiting for a house to open up, whether you live in an apartment or whatever. Best thing you can do is once you know where you are getting stationed you call the base and ask how long the wait is for your situation ( you get housing based on your family size) then you can decide if it is just better to rent out in town or not. If he gets deployed after you move, you can stay in housing or if you want you can move back with your parents ( but I believe you have to give up housing and get back on the list if you do that )

any other questions just ask.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    most housings will let you be out of hte unit for 90 days with permission before you have to vacate, that was the rule when we were in WA in military housing before it PPVed i don't know about it now with the PPV. we had our lease signed before we even got to VA and had a date to pick up our keys. if you stay in a hotel until you get a house or an apartment you can get some of it back in the travel claim but normally there is a time limit on how much and there is a price cap as well i think its $180 a night is the most you can get and you have to receipts for it. you can also take your travel pay in advance you get 75% up front then you claim the last 25% and i think that is for hotels for from the day your shipment was packed out of your home now and then you get money for the hotel at the next duty station until you get a house or an apartment we got like 5 days worth of hotel money back when we got down here i think the best place to ask is PSD though they can answer all your questions, but make a list so you don't forget something.