Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: okinawa or not?

1. Banned
    Banned

okinawa or not?

Advertisements
    I've been debating this for a while now. Me and my DF(soon to be DH) have the opportunity to get stationed in Okinawa, Japan. Either he could go alone for a year, or we could go together for 3 years. There are many pros and cons with this. We want to start having kids in about two years, but if we're in Japan I dont know how that'd work. It's a beautiful island...like paradise...so I know we'd have a ton of fun there, but 3 years? That's a long time from our family/friends. And plus he said he didn't want me to work while i was there. so 3 years without work..Then there are the tsunamis..which can be really dangerous. Ughh i just don't know what we should do...any ideas of what I should do?

here's what it looks like
  2. Senior Member
    i say go what an amazing experience my best friend just moved there to be with her hubby and she LOVES it

3. Loving Life!
    Loving Life!
    Blog Entries
    You could do 3 years!!! The military is your family. I was there for 3 years, and not 1 tsunami....we did have typhoons (they are like hurricanes). Remember, he will not get accompanied orders (3 year orders) unless you guys are married....so if he's looking to get orders soon..........

My little Loves!
  4. Banned
    Banned
    haha yeah that means we'll be getting married soon! he's re-enlisting in february.. we don't have the date picked out yet but i guess this means it'll be very soon! yayyyyyy
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    If I could chose to be with out DH for a year or live somewhere that I really didnt want to for 3 I would chose to live some where I didnt want to for 3. Hell I would move to Iraq if I could lol
  6. Banned
    Banned
    yeah that is true. I'll go then =]
    he's all i need anyways
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carlyd89 View Post
    yeah that is true. I'll go then =]
    he's all i need anyways

Im sure he is excited about that! Plus all the things you two can explore when over there and the stories you will have to tell you kids when they are older
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed

We spend almost 9 years in Oki, we would still be there, but they wouldn't let us stay.

Our kids grew up there and they loved it, all they talk about it's going back.
  9. Banned
    Banned
    yeah so that has all changed now..i wont be going there now because DF and I are over =[
    if you didn't read from the other thread, he just found out his ex girlfriend is 8 months pregnant and he left me to be with her..it pisses me off so much because those relationships never work when you only go back out with her for a kid. i hate this..