Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Get Pregnant before moving?

1. Senior Member

Get Pregnant before moving?

Advertisements
    My husband just got orders to Hawaii. We will be moving there in about 5 months. He's finally decided to give me my lifelong dream of becoming a mother. He is saying we can start about 1 or 2 months after we get to Hawaii. I am just thrilled about it. So thrilled that I took it one step farther and asked if we could get prego before we move so we would be able to share it with the ones we love for the time we are still here. Cause after that it would be difficult for my family to visit us and see the baby once we move. There are other reasons I think we should, but that's the main I think. My husband hasn't said no and is warming up to the idea, but I just need some input on whether I'm being unreasonable. I don't know if I've made sense about this or not, but if you understand what I'm asking please let me know what you think.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I would wait only becuase sometimes at any time of a being pregnant your doc can tell you you cant fly and then you would be left at home with out him not to mention moving is terrible and alot of stressful work
  3. Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp
    Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp
    We are ponderign the same here!! DH grads in July and we will be on our way to Hawaii shortly there after. We are ready for #2 but we have sat here an weighed the pros and cos. ANd for us mainly it would just be easier for us to have #2 when we get there.

You dont wanna fly preggers (plus the off chance you doc says NO)
    You dont really wanna have a new baby on board a plane for that long with caned air
    plus when you guys get to hawaii you can have a few months while your trying to go on a sorta honeymoon explore and do fun things and get to know some people!

Were planing on taking a few months there before we get preggers. To get settled in and figure out DH schedual...family is big to us as well...thats why we are saving up tp fly both my mom and dad out when i have #2.

But what ever you decide Im sure you will do the best.
  4. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
    Quote Originally Posted by nutmagc View Post
    My husband just got orders to Hawaii. We will be moving there in about 5 months. He's finally decided to give me my lifelong dream of becoming a mother. He is saying we can start about 1 or 2 months after we get to Hawaii. I am just thrilled about it. So thrilled that I took it one step farther and asked if we could get prego before we move so we would be able to share it with the ones we love for the time we are still here. Cause after that it would be difficult for my family to visit us and see the baby once we move. There are other reasons I think we should, but that's the main I think. My husband hasn't said no and is warming up to the idea, but I just need some input on whether I'm being unreasonable. I don't know if I've made sense about this or not, but if you understand what I'm asking please let me know what you think.

I am in the EXACT situation. Unfortuantely, or fortunately, we decided to wait. Mainly because it is more stable and since i've never been pregnant that is probably a good thing. That and i'd like to stick with the same doc the whole way through.

But i can definetly DEFINETLY understand wanting to not wait. I'm right there too! Just trying to be practical in our situation.

5. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    Well, I was 6 months preggo with DD when we moved from WA to SC, and I'll be 7 months preggo with DS when we move from SC back to WA. It was fine coming, and Lord willing, it will be fine going.

Do what works for you. It meant alot to my mom to be able to see me with DD in mah belly before we moved.
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~