Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46

Thread: favorite duty station & worst duty station & why

  1. Senior Member
    USNIwife's Avatar
    USNIwife is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    17,439
    #1

    Question favorite duty station & worst duty station & why

    Advertisements
    favorite duty station and worst duty station and why (we are navy) just looking for general info on the navy bases. if you like em or you don't and why.

    Just curious!

    My Sweetheart


    Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    rosebud*'s Avatar
    rosebud* is offline
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    [communist china]
    Posts
    32,703
    #2
    worst El Centro. Don't go there. it's horrible and the command was I like whidbey but, we didn't utilize much of the area. I love the east coast, and am forever trying to get Dh to go there. but he won't


    I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

  3. Senior Member
    USNIwife's Avatar
    USNIwife is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    17,439
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    worst El Centro. Don't go there. it's horrible and the command was I like whidbey but, we didn't utilize much of the area. I love the east coast, and am forever trying to get Dh to go there. but he won't
    El Centro (California) I've been to W. Island personally. Have family on the island and Bellevue area. We are on the east coast now and I love it in general, but not here. No. I don't want to grow old here. No. No. LOL.

    My Sweetheart


    Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  4. It's YOUR choice
    April's Avatar
    April is offline
    It's YOUR choice
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    HOME IN TEXAS!!!!!
    Posts
    7,965
    #4
    Whidbey Island was the worst. I just need more than what that island offers here in Bremerton it sucks pretty bad. I hate the weather and the electricity going out so much and this damn ship sucks.

    Hawaii was nice but being there for 4 years away from friends and family was hard.

    Recruiting in my hometown of Amarillo rocks! glad we're heading back
    Freedom and Liberty require Service and Sacrifice
  5. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    rosebud*'s Avatar
    rosebud* is offline
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    [communist china]
    Posts
    32,703
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by USNIwife View Post
    El Centro (California) I've been to W. Island personally. Have family on the island and Bellevue area. We are on the east coast now and I love it in general, but not here. No. I don't want to grow old here. No. No. LOL.
    yeah sorry El Centro California. I don't think I ever left the house it was so dang hot. There is a thing as too much sun.


    I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

  6. MIA for awhile...
    SIMMYBABEZ's Avatar
    SIMMYBABEZ is offline
    MIA for awhile...
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ME = Gold Coast Dh = Sandpit from hell
    Posts
    17,898
    #6
    Fort Irwin CA!

    WHY?! COS ITS 1 HOUR AWAY FROM LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND 4 FROM VEGAS!

    *not fair*

    And worst would be Baumholder, Germany.

    Cos it was in the middle of nowhere.
    Blame your man, not Myspace!!
    Simmy 2009. All rights reserved, copy it and you die.
    Bite me! PLEASE! I want to be a vampire

  7. Banned
    GlitterCrotch's Avatar
    GlitterCrotch is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    18,868
    #7
    Worst place I have ever lived in my entire life is the one we're at now. Ft. Gordon, Georgia. I told him if we're here longer than a year I'm moving back to Fayetteville, NC without his ass.

    Also, the command sucks donkey anus here at Ft. Gordon. Kill yourself before you pcs if you ever get stationed here.
  8. Senior Member
    USNIwife's Avatar
    USNIwife is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    17,439
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    yeah sorry El Centro California. I don't think I ever left the house it was so dang hot. There is a thing as too much sun.
    good to know rosebud. thanks for the info. and it's hot I'd wanna stay inside probably than like you ,

    My Sweetheart


    Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  9. Senior Member
    USNIwife's Avatar
    USNIwife is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    17,439
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SIMMYBABEZ View Post
    Fort Irwin CA!

    WHY?! COS ITS 1 HOUR AWAY FROM LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND 4 FROM VEGAS!

    *not fair*

    And worst would be Baumholder, Germany.

    Cos it was in the middle of nowhere.
    simmy was there anything at all to do in Germany even though it was in bum f*ck egypt??

    My Sweetheart


    Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  10. Senior Member
    USNIwife's Avatar
    USNIwife is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    17,439
    #10

    Shock donkey a*s

    Note to self.... if Ft. Gordon, GA is a choice. Command sucks donkey anus. I was warned. You'll go and . Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by MIKOSWIFEY View Post
    Worst place I have ever lived in my entire life is the one we're at now. Ft. Gordon, Georgia. I told him if we're here longer than a year I'm moving back to Fayetteville, NC without his ass.

    Also, the command sucks donkey anus here at Ft. Gordon. Kill yourself before you pcs if you ever get stationed here.
    note to self....MIKOSWIFEY said

    My Sweetheart


    Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •