Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Mobile, AL

1. Regular Member

Question Mobile, AL

Advertisements
    I'm moving to Mobile, AL and was wondering if any of you ladies were in the area?? I'm moving in January from New Orleans.
    Peggy
  2. Banned
    Banned
    I live only an hour from mobile! How exciting!!! I have lived in South alabama my whole life so what would you like to know?
  3. Regular Member

Hello

I'm just nervous this is my first move as a military wife. My husband is from Mobile and I don't know anyone. So I'm trying to find some people to talk to in this what seems to be stressfull period. lol Moving seems to be a pain in the butt. I'm really not liking house hunting. But what can I do other than go with the flow. But is Jackson north or south or what from mobile??
    Peggy
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I think Cori is sort of close also.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I live in Pensacola, but I will be leaving in Jan. There are a few ladies that are in Pensacola which is only about an hour away.
  6. Regular Member

Jump for Joy

yeah!!! this is starting to make me feel better bring on the people lol!!!!
    Peggy
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    hi. congradulations. i dont know if youre here yet or not but if so its mardi gras...a lot more laid back than n'owlens style. I too, am married to a coastie and we both were born bred and raised here. It has its ups and downs...not too different from there actually, maybe a little nicer, in my own opinion. Jackson is north. There are 3 major coast guard bases here. One downtown at Brookley field...w/ an exchange. This is where most of your night entertainment will take place if your into that sort of thing. Schillengers Rd. is our largest ATC unit with an annex *(grocery) and exchange (the largest that i've seen yet). this area is really good for shopping...There are several schools in the area 60+/-. And the last base is in Dauphin Island. This is a small SAR area. Nice, quite beaches. Youre about an hour from gulf shores which has excellent beaches. theres a lot of well kept secrets around you, you would just have to ask a local whom which are 9 times out of 10 willing to provide you w/ our good ol' southern hospitality. Housing can be found all over and is pretty reasonable. Its a half way friendly military town...you just have to ask for that mil discount most places will honor it. Lots of Adult education....dont worry theres something for everyone here. And friends come by the 1000's so i hope your transition is or was great. Dont forget to have fun...if ya have any questions just ask and ill try to get back to you. good luck...ps. were on our way to ak so you should enjoy it in the south where its warm!
  8. Senior Member
    Mobile is on our dreamsheet this summer...my best bud lives there....I am JEALOUS!!! She is a Coastie wife as well....I can hook ya'll up! She is always up for new friends!!
  9. Live, Laugh, Love
    Live, Laugh, Love
    Camp Pendleton....wishing i was still in Okinawa.
    My husband is from Mobile Alabama!!