Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: moved with unaccompanied orders...

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

moved with unaccompanied orders...

Advertisements
    Has anyone else moved to where their husband is when he has unaccompanied orders? Well, I did... since it was only 2 hours from my original hometown and I had sold everything anyway. Anyway, so now the Army is going to take away part of my housing allowance, and all my separation pay even though my husband can not live with me. I am so confused. I thought I am allowed to live whereever I want. Also, they will not assign me or my daughter to a doctor in the area. Is this normal? I'm not complaining, because at least I get to see my husband pretty often now and I don't mind driving a few hours to go to the doctor. I'm just wondering if anyone else has done this and what all you came in counter with, and if there's any way around some of the stupid things they do (if you've done it, you know what I'm talking about). Thanks
  2. Senior Member
    geez! they really don't want you two seeing eachother!! i'm glad you two are together at least... i dunno about all that stuff i'm just a girlfriend s
    blah
    i've never moved anywhere yet, expect back in with my parents and that is still no where near dh
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    is your dh going to school or is he there permenment?
  5. Senior Member
    Can you possibly say that you relocated for a job? I mean it just sounds rather assanine that they would be jerks about you funding your own move. The bah going down maybe since that is by area, but the dr. bit is just total BS.
    blinkies by Britt
  6. *Mrs. Bonney*
    *Mrs. Bonney*
    Sounds like they are just pissed cuz you moved with him anyways...I hope you can get some answers
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    he's in school... but it's 19 weeks and 6 days... 1 day less than the amount for it to be accompanied...and actually when I moved his original orders said accompanied, but after I got here they changed.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Dawnie~ View Post
    is your dh going to school or is he there permenment?
  8. Knyghtsangel
    DH said if his original orders said accompanied and did not change until after you had moved, then you may be able to go to JAG to get the issue resolved. His orders should have issue dates on them and as long as you have both sets of orders, accompanied & unaccompanied and can show proof that the move was completed before the orders were changed you may be able to have something done about it. He said it's not a guarantee that they will help, but it is a possibility. The change in BAH could simply be the change in zip code.

I hope everything works out!!!!
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I moved and they didn't do anything like that to us. We see doctors on post and everything. I have no idea why they're being that way toward you, you are still eligible for the same treatment under tricare no matter where you live.
  10. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    hmm.. I moved to be with DH during his A school, that was 4 months long. They paid DH BAH for where I was originally for the first 3 months, the 3rd month, we got the right BAH & as soon as we moved we had to pay ALL of the over paid BAH back. But they accommodated. That last month we got the correct BAH, I was able to sign up for & use medical.

If you are with him at the same base, (even if he isn't living with you), you will not receive separation pay. Separation pay is given for when you live apart, but since you chose to move to be with him, they take it away.
    You're suppose to receive BAH for the base you are currently at, it might be less than where you were at before.
    This website will tell you what your BAH is. Remember its based off of the base's zip code & not your zip code.
    http://perdiem.hqda.pentagon.mil/perdiem/bah.html

The medical thing... you have to take that up with Tricare. They can't tell you where you can or can not receive medical care off of your husband's orders. When I moved here 2 weeks before DH, I changed to Tri-south & DH was Tri-North, they couldn't say anything about it.... and before, when I moved to be with him in A school, they had no place to tell me I couldn't receive medical care because I wasn't authorized to be there by his orders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast