Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: On base housing questions

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

On base housing questions

Advertisements
    I posted this somewhere else which was probably the wrong place to put it in the first place lol so I am moving it here in hopes of some feed back.

So even though DH doesnt get home for many months we like to think out into the future. Right now on our mind is that we do own a pitbull and the easy thing to do is live on base becuase they dont have a breed restriction. Some areas dont except dogs though. I went on the web site to try and further educate myself on the process of housing but it isnt much help at all. I am just looking for some basic info. My DH is an E4 I plan to move into our new home where ever that might be before he returns home. Also what do you do about renters insurance and how far in andvance did you sumbit yourself so you were on the waiting list. When you aply for housing do you request amove in date? Thank for any help anyone can give me. Before he deployed we rented an appartment

P.S. I guess this should have been in military moves and relocations. Sorry
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    best thing to do is call the housing you will be living in and ask if they have any breed restrictions. Also ask what their pet policy is, sometimes you can only live in certain housing areas if you have animals.

ETA ok re-read your post.
    When you put yourself on the list, they will move you when there is a house available, you can't really call and request a move in date, it's all about availability. So when you get on the list you need to ask what the wait times are. kwim. sometimes you get lucky and are able to move in right away sometimes it can take anywhere from 1-9 months depending on how many houses there are and how many people are waiting.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud* View Post
    best thing to do is call the housing you will be living in and ask if they have any breed restrictions. Also ask what their pet policy is, sometimes you can only live in certain housing areas if you have animals.

ETA ok re-read your post.
    When you put yourself on the list, they will move you when there is a house available, you can't really call and request a move in date, it's all about availability. So when you get on the list you need to ask what the wait times are. kwim. sometimes you get lucky and are able to move in right away sometimes it can take anywhere from 1-9 months depending on how many houses there are and how many people are waiting.
    Many bases are going to pet restrictions for safty. I would just call and see if they allow it.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I read through there family housing regulations and it says nothing. Just that only some housing accept pets. Thank You Ladies
  5. IYAOYAS
    IYAOYAS
    Also I think he can only go on the list when he leaves his current command. I think. I always moved early with special permission and got a house right away because of my EFM catagory.