Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Moving Anxiety

1. Senior Member

Moving Anxiety

Advertisements
    So, I'm finishing packing up my stuff tonight and bringing it over the majority of my stuff (except my winter clothes) to DH's this weekend. (For those of you who don't know, I have to stay in DC for my job for the next couple months and then I'll move to England. He's leaving in a week and a half. So, he's currently 2 hours away from me boo). DH and I just got married 2 months ago and have been together for 4 years, so I'm happy to FINALLY move in together!! This is our FIRST PCS and I'm so scared to leave everything I know behind and be alone in a foreign country for 4 months. I'm starting to get nervious, anxious, scared about my move. It hit me when I was packing stuff up last night. I'm so scared to be in a new place all alone. I know I will have my DH for 2 months when I finally get there, but he'll be leaving in April for a 4 month deployment, so I'm nervous to be in a new environment, let alone a new country all alone... no family... no friends. Does anyone have any encouragement or advice? I could really use it... TIA
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I am sure everything will be fine. Try to go at it with as much of a positive outlook as you can. You speak the national language, you'll have two months with your hubby, you'll be able to live together,... Think of it as one big adventure. New things to explore, new people to meet. I am sure you'll do fine.
    An unconditional right to say what one pleases about public affairs is what I consider to be the minimum guarantee of the First Amendment.
  3. PACK YOUR BAGS!!!
    PACK YOUR BAGS!!!
    You won't be alone. There are come ladies in England aren't there??
    You are worth taking on the world...

No More Ticker...HE IS HOME
  4. Senior Member
    Thank you ladies... Love you!!!
  5. Epic
    Epic

Trust me, you won't be alone. It is so easy to make friends when you are stationed OCONUS. Everyone that I have met here in England have been wicked nice. England is such an amazing country and the best part is that there is no language barrier. Do you know if you are going to be living on or off base yet?
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USAF_Gal View Post
    Trust me, you won't be alone. It is so easy to make friends when you are stationed OCONUS. Everyone that I have met here in England have been wicked nice. England is such an amazing country and the best part is that there is no language barrier. Do you know if you are going to be living on or off base yet?
    I'll be living off base. Thanks for the reassurance Suzy!
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gottli10 View Post
    So, I'm finishing packing up my stuff tonight and bringing it over the majority of my stuff (except my winter clothes) to DH's this weekend. (For those of you who don't know, I have to stay in DC for my job for the next couple months and then I'll move to England. He's leaving in a week and a half. So, he's currently 2 hours away from me boo). DH and I just got married 2 months ago and have been together for 4 years, so I'm happy to FINALLY move in together!! This is our FIRST PCS and I'm so scared to leave everything I know behind and be alone in a foreign country for 4 months. I'm starting to get nervious, anxious, scared about my move. It hit me when I was packing stuff up last night. I'm so scared to be in a new place all alone. I know I will have my DH for 2 months when I finally get there, but he'll be leaving in April for a 4 month deployment, so I'm nervous to be in a new environment, let alone a new country all alone... no family... no friends. Does anyone have any encouragement or advice? I could really use it... TIA
    I do. Of all the women to have this happen too. I know your going to be
    F-I-N-E. What I think is going to happen is this while big and scary right now. I can understand you being a little nervous it's a big move.

Is going to be an adventure!!!!
    What a cool journey......

You'll be OK. ,

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USNIwife View Post
    I do. Of all the women to have this happen too. I know your going to be
    F-I-N-E. What I think is going to happen is this while big and scary right now. I can understand you being a little nervous it's a big move.

Is going to be an adventure!!!!
    What a cool journey......

You'll be OK. ,
    Thanks Amanda!!! You're the best.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    oh that is so exciting to beable to live in a foreign country i am going to think you don't have kids yet and that would be so awesome not to have to worry about the school system and all that just beable to go and enjoy it. i hope you enjoy your time there. my DH was just there and Loved it..
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Taressa View Post
    oh that is so exciting to beable to live in a foreign country i am going to think you don't have kids yet and that would be so awesome not to have to worry about the school system and all that just beable to go and enjoy it. i hope you enjoy your time there. my DH was just there and Loved it..
    You're right... no kids yet - hopefully not for another 5 years Thanks for reassuring me!! It's just what I need!