Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving out of base housing...questions

1. Senior Member

Moving out of base housing...questions

Advertisements
    I have always heard that people say to make sure you get one of the cleaner people that the housing office has on a list to clean for your final out if you want to pass the inspection. I never really gave it much thought cause had been at this base for so long with no end in sight. Well now we have orders and I all the sudden need to think about this. So I called the people on the list and everyone wants 400+ to clean. I think that is a rip off. Has anyone ever paid someone that much to clean their house? I mean my house is not that bad..I am a neat freak.

My next question is does anyone have any sugeestions/advise for cleaning my house. Any and all advice welcomed and needed!

Thanks!

2. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Have you gone through prelim. inspection yet? The person who conducts your walkthrough will tell you what needs to be cleaned, and sometimes can provide you with a list of recommended cleaners.

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

3. Live in the moment
    Live in the moment
    I've always cleaned my own house before we check out. I don't personally want to spend that much money on something I can do myself. They will do a walk through of your house and tell you what you need to work on.
  4. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    we were also told to get someone to clean the house. We weren't able to give them enough notice.

We ended up cleaning the house ourselves. We really lucked out as the inspector sorta knew us because he signed our contract. They gave us a sheet ahead of time saying everything they check for. Once the inspector got there, we had a couple things we forgot to do & he was nice enough to sit around & let us do it while he was there.

5. Senior Member
    No..that will not be for a little while..but I already got the list of reccomended cleaners. I am just blown away at those prices...is that normal?

6. *Mrs. Bonney*
    *Mrs. Bonney*
    We were gonna get cleaners, but like you Im a neat freak and I couldnt spend 400 bucks for someone to clean my already clean house....I was 5 months pregnant cleaning the heck out of our house when we moved!
  7. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie~lynn View Post
    No..that will not be for a little while..but I already got the list of reccomended cleaners. I am just blown away at those prices...is that normal?
    Yep.. I've done both, I've spent days getting an apartment move out ready, and I've paid to have it cleaned.. It cost us $300 6 years ago to get our house move out ready.. that included stripping and applying 2 coats of wax to the entire house (the whole house was tile)

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

8. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    That's ALOT! we had a 1700 sq ft townhouse & it was like $250

9. Senior Member
    Having cleaned and moved out of 3 base housings, I would pay someone 400 in a heartbeat! Those cleaning lists they give you are a mile long and they are extremely strict! The stress of a moves was more than enough for me and we kept having to fix stuff to pass. Awful just awful!
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    We paid $350 in Jax and it was well worth it. The only house I have cleaned myself (on base) was our first one and after the stress of that, it is money well spent IMO.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast