Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NEED HELP!! Overseas PCS Requirements

1. Senior Member

Help NEED HELP!! Overseas PCS Requirements

Advertisements
    If someone could answer this asap, I would GREATLY appreciate it! My DH just got his hard copy PCS orders to go to the UK. We recently got married and his orders were unaccompanied. I'm currently going through the whole medical clearance process and the passport process. Do his orders NEED to be accompanied for me to go with him? Or do I just need to have my medical clearance passed and military passport completed? We've put in for his orders to be ammended, but they still haven't. Please provide some insight asap... I'm kind of freaking out right now since everything is rushed (he leaves in 2 weeks) and I leave end of January (have to finish up my job here in the states). Let me know if this doesn't make sense; I'm happy to clarify. Thank you!!!
  2. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    they would have to amended or you would have to get command sponsorship to be over there if they stay unaccompanied. Honestly I don't know how good the chances are of getting them amended. it depends on the budget and a bunch of other factors. ( well I should say for the Navy, not sure on other branches.)

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

3. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    they will need to be ammended to get the military to pay for you to move over there.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    they will need to be ammended to get the military to pay for you to move over there.
    But, can I still move over there if I pay for my own flight? Thanks Jennifer!
  5. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    Yes, you can if you get command sponsored.
  6. Epic
    Epic

I see you are coming to Lakenheath, that si where DH and I are stationed. We have been here 2.5 years and have 3.5 left to go.

In all honesty I wouldn't suggest coming over here without command sponsorship and you won't be able to get command sponsored until his orders are ammended to include you. Until you have ammended orders you don't qualify for a no-fee passport, you can't get a VISA, which means you can only stay in country for 90 days. If he isn't of rank to move off base you two will be living in the dorms and that alone can get him into trouble. You will be on a space available basis when it comes to medical and dental coverage. You won't be able to work. There are several reasons I could give to wait for command sponsorship.

I can pretty much guarantee that the Air Force won't deny the ammended orders and you should have them within a month.
  7. MIA for awhile...
    MIA for awhile...
    Quote Originally Posted by USAF_Gal View Post
    I see you are coming to Lakenheath, that si where DH and I are stationed. We have been here 2.5 years and have 3.5 left to go.

In all honesty I wouldn't suggest coming over here without command sponsorship and you won't be able to get command sponsored until his orders are ammended to include you. Until you have ammended orders you don't qualify for a no-fee passport, you can't get a VISA, which means you can only stay in country for 90 days. If he isn't of rank to move off base you two will be living in the dorms and that alone can get him into trouble. You will be on a space available basis when it comes to medical and dental coverage. You won't be able to work. There are several reasons I could give to wait for command sponsorship.

I can pretty much guarantee that the Air Force won't deny the ammended orders and you should have them within a month.
    This- I don't understand.

No matter what those orders say, and it dosn't matter IF or NOT she is command sponsered- she can and WILL get a sofa stamp. And it will be valid until the day her husband leaves the UK.

I wasn't on orders, I wasn't command sponsered- I had my sofa stamp the whole time because I was his wife, and it was as simple as just signing an agreement, showing my marriage license, getting enrolled into deers- and 20 minutes later...getting a card stapled into my passport- one which you have I imagine.

Unless my husband's divison was completely alien and totally unlike all others....it's quite simple.

As for amending your orders- I'd try to do that asap- simply because command sponsership can take quite some time.
    Blame your man, not Myspace!!
    Simmy 2009. All rights reserved, copy it and you die.
    Bite me! PLEASE! I want to be a vampire

8. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    Simmy, the rules for germany are soooo different than for England or Italy. Germany is easier than the rest!
  9. MIA for awhile...
    MIA for awhile...
    You don't have a SOFA stamp?
    Blame your man, not Myspace!!
    Simmy 2009. All rights reserved, copy it and you die.
    Bite me! PLEASE! I want to be a vampire

10. Epic
    Epic

Quote Originally Posted by SIMMYBABEZ View Post
    This- I don't understand.

No matter what those orders say, and it dosn't matter IF or NOT she is command sponsered- she can and WILL get a sofa stamp. And it will be valid until the day her husband leaves the UK.

I wasn't on orders, I wasn't command sponsered- I had my sofa stamp the whole time because I was his wife, and it was as simple as just signing an agreement, showing my marriage license, getting enrolled into deers- and 20 minutes later...getting a card stapled into my passport- one which you have I imagine.

As for amending your orders- I'd try to do that asap- simply because command sponsership can take quite some time.
    If you are an American family member you need a VISA to live in England and the VISA is your SOFA stamp. Without command sponsorship you can't get a VISA through the Air Force. If I am remembering correctly you aren't an American, and I am sure it is different with other nationalities.

The VISA is activated, for the lack of a better word, when customs stamps it the first time you enter the country.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast