Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: VISA?

1. mrslowe6849

Confused VISA?

Advertisements
    IM MOVIN OVERSEAS W/MY HUBBY TO ITALY, BUT I NEED A VISA, HOW DO I GET IT???
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrslowe6849 View Post
    IM MOVIN OVERSEAS W/MY HUBBY TO ITALY, BUT I NEED A VISA, HOW DO I GET IT???
    Elizabeth might know. I think she's in Sigonella?

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  3. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    First, you need to get a no-fee passport. You can go to the passport office on base and they will have the forms you need. They can take pics there too. You will need your birth certificate and a photo ID and a copy of his orders. Once you have the no-fee passport, you will have to fill out a bunch of papers, include a copy of his orders, and his command will need to fill out a paper(in italy, the command there. They will know what it is!). Then you mail it to the nearest Italian Consulate and after about a week you have a visa. All in all it can take around 12 weeks to get it all done at the latest, 6 weeks at the soonest. Where in italy are you headed?
  4. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    oh, and welcome to Italy! I just went through all of this a year or so ago and I know all about it!
  5. Senior Member

Yes but what if you already have a passport?

But what if you already have a passport? I might be dealing with the same problem (going to Germany though) and I'm trying to find all th answers before it gets down to the last minute. I was thinking about getting a passport now, but do you get a special passport with the military? If it's just going to be free, I'll pay the money and save myself the frustration of waiting for the last minute.